Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Zendala Dare #116




Zendala Dare #116


Hello everyone!  I hope your ready for a fantastic Zendala Dare.  




Let me tell you a little about how I create the templates.  I usually create anywhere from 5 to 10 templates at a time, whenever I have a good chunk of time.  Then I upload them on my computer and each week I go through and pick one.  Sometimes I create a batch that has many small spaces, sometimes a group with large spaces, or sometimes they all use similar shapes in different formats.  What I never do however, is create a template with certain tangles in mind.  I don't know if this is intentional or subconscious or maybe a little bit of both but I never have "tangle intent" while I'm creating the templates.  This goes for picking the weekly template as week.  It's nice that it ends up this way because then I can be just as surprised as you by what I create.  Here's what I did this week.

Tangles:  Cruffle, Caral, Portia, Hibred


Here's another view.


I really, really love how this template turned out.  I'll be honest.  I picked this template because the format was simple and the spaces were large.  Since I was already behind getting it up on the blog I figured this would make it easy on me.  I started with the small circles I drew around the edge of the ovals but when I was done with that and the Cruffle they all looked like head dresses and I just knew that they needed faces.  The problem is, I learned to Zentangle because I can't draw anything realistic.  So off to Pinterest I went but to no avail.  Everything was very complicated and much too realistic for this template.  Then I suddenly remembered that I had seen some faces in Sandy Steen Bartholomew's book Yoga for your Brain.  I used the tangles Caral and Portia to create some faces and I couldn't be happier.  I was able to create exactly what I wanted and I think it turned out fantastic.  

What will you create this week?

17 comments:

  1. Ohhh, can't wait to try this one, except I don't tangle at night, so tomorrow.... I love your tile! As soon as I saw it, I thought "Sandy Steen Barthelemew"! Good call look at her book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never slide down to see what you have done before I begin work on mine. What a surprise! I can see some of Sandy's influence here. Such a fun piece! Mine is just sad next to this happy Zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great template again this week. I love what you did with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea with the faces. And they are all so expressively. The template is great. I hope I'll find time to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the faces! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm off to give it a try now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. erin, this one makes me hungry ;) just printed it out, hope to have time to work on it. thanks for being faithful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first Zendala Dare. Thanks Erin for the lovely template!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first Zendala Dare :-) Many thanks for that wonderful template!
    I love your faces in your zendala - really great!
    Greetings from germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. when i saw the lovely zendala I had to be all smiles! they faces are so cheerful! I love that idea, it is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, as always, Erin, for the gift of your time and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Erin,
    This is the first Zendala Dare that I've actually gotten up on my Flicker account. I finally got myself organized.

    Thanks for doing this. I know you are very busy these days what with a new job. It's so good that hospital finally reopened. I know the whole town is so relieved to have it open again.

    Melena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin, what a wonderful zendala you! Faces - is a godsend - a very interesting work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the fourth zendala I ever done. The first one, you Erin introduced to me when you were guest-blogger att Diva´s challenge. I got this black tile as a gift from Ela Rieger and I tried it now. It was a challenge to me and it is in no way perfect, but I am glad I tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry Mistake at Pos. 30 :-( correct one is 31.
    This is my first try, I love this challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley