Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Zendala Dare #113

Hello and happy Tuesday!  Do you know why today is such a fabulous day?  Because starting today I can do a 10 day countdown to Halloween, my absolute favorite holiday!  I love buying candy, decorating the front yard, carving pumpkins and making chili and cornbread for my entire family who all come to my house for the spookiest of holidays.  Can you tell I'm excited?  Good, because I am.  You know what else I am excited for?  You guessed it:

Zendala Dare #113

 Link to template for Zendala Dare #113

Tangles: Braze, Buttercup


Once I thought about this template for a bit I knew I wanted to use Braze.  I don't use that tangle very often but it seemed like a natural fit for the outer "leaves".  I was still deciding what to do when I saw another old favorite on the same page of my reference journal, Buttercup.  Buttercup was one of the first tangle I learned when I first started tangling.  It felt good to get back to my roots.  As usual this Zendala didn't really turn out the way I planned but I like the Julius Ceaseresque end result.  


What will you do with this weeks template?






10 comments:

  1. I don't know what I will do with the zendala, but i DO know you did a wonderful job. I love your result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for now I can't do a thing with the template. I can't open the file. Is it for Apple? I use Windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an error on my part. The file has been converted to a PDF and everyone should be able to access it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

      Delete
  3. I love your template, and your completed Zendala, Erin! I was sure I was going to use a leaf motif, but this took me somewhere completely different! Thanks again for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I thought you had me stumped this week! :0) But once I traced it and transferred it to my paper,.......TaDa,.......it all came to me! Thank you so much for putting these templates together!! (It is still mind boggling how you make them.) I love what you have done with it! The heavy black always adds such drama to a tile! It's beautiful!! :0) See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was another great template. I really enjoyed working with it. I agree with Annette; how you come up with these templates just amazes me. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea what I was going to do with this template, but I love how it turned out! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley