Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Zendala Dare #112

Good evening!  Yes it's late in the day but it's still Tuesday here in California so I am technically not late.  Right, isn't that how that works?  Well it does in my head so I'm rolling with it!

I hope you all had a wonderful week.  I know I did.  I had a wonderful but almost unbearable hot 3 days in Disneyland and California Adventure.  I was raised in the San Fernando Valley so I have been to Disneyland many times but this was my first trip to California Adventure.  It was so much fun experiencing it all for the first time with my nieces and nephews.  I got to visit my old favorite, Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland and have a new favorite, Radiator Springs, over in California Adventure.  I also had a chance to ride Soarin Over California and now can officially say I don't like heights.  Even though you are only about 15 feet off the ground the ride makes you feel as if you are flying over the Golden Gate, swooping down into a golf course in Palm Springs, and you feel as if you might dip your toes in the cool waters of the Russian River.  You know what I have to say to that?  No thank you.  That's what I have to say.  The only benefit is seeing how amused the kids were by my shear panic.  Anything for the kids I guess!

Zendala Dare #112




I think this was a great template.  I even managed to get two Zendala's completed!


Tangles:  DL Sunray, Paradox, Emingle, Dragonair

The first one sort of took on a life of its own and I ended up tangling the negative space by accident.  I like how the tangles turned out but I don't think I used enough precision with the shading and it's a bit muddy.

Tangles:  Onamoto, Pokeleaf

This second attempt is not my usual style but I really love the end result.  I hardly ever use these two tangles and definitely don't use them together but I like how they play off each other and I think my shading is definitely improved with this attempt.

What will you create this week?
Make sure to link up below so we can all take a peek!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this template and can't wait to get started... And I just realized that I've missed the last two templates so will have to play catch-p! How did that happen, and where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this template and like Sue I wonder where this will take me. Your zendala's are both very beuatiful en soooooo very different. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to spend some time with family, although I feel the same about some of those crazy rides LOL! Thanks for another great template.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I loved this template! I t has such beautiful movement! I especially love your second one! It's so airy and perfect. As soon as I saw the template, that's the look i was thinking of going for!
    Glad to hear about your time at Disneyland. We're supposed to take our kids for the first time the week before Thanksgiving. Hopefully not too crowded. I'm not much of a Disneyland fan. I went too many times in high school performing for different events. :0/ Anyway, You helped me think of how exciting it will be with the kids. I think we're only going to the disney side and not the California adventure. Actually, I've never been to that side. Way too expensive for both! OOOps! sorry, it's always hard for me to keep messages short! :0) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, I love ending my week with your Zendala Dare. Thank you for this gift. I really like your 2nd zendala this week. Beautiful Pokeleaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, this was one terrific template. I really enjoyed doing the first one, but when I saw the idea about using the negative space, it got me going in a totally different direction. I had to restrain myself from doing even more. Thanks for a great challenge. And keep them coming. I'm so glad you're back in business. I really missed the Dares while you were not able to do them

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an absolutely beautiful template and I had a lot of fun with it... thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley