Monday, October 5, 2015

Zendala Dare #111 - Halloween is coming!

Happy Monday everyone!  Is there actually ever a Happy Monday?  I don't know the answer but I guess I am just trying to see the positive in everything.  The last two weeks have been crazy and I apologize for my absence last week.  To much work and not enough tangling equal no Zendala Dare.  I have a similar situation this week but I knew I couldn't let you go without 2 weeks in a row.  I have been running around crazy today trying to prep for a trip to Disneyland tomorrow.  I thought I could get it all done, but alas, I am not Superwoman.  I am going to post the Dare anyhow but I will not be posting my entry until the weekend.  


Zendala Dare #111 - Halloween is coming!

Many of you might remember that on the first Zendala Dare of each month, I sometimes like to add an extra challenge and with my favorite holiday fast approaching I thought this would be a perfect opportunity!  Your challenge is to turn this template into a Halloween masterpiece.  That may involve color, words, bats, ghouls and goblins.  It's totally up to you!  I know my friend Alice of The Creators Leaf loves anything having to do with a Minion.  I think a Minion in a Halloween costume would be amazing!  Hint, hint Alice!  Have fun with the template and make sure to post your work below.  I'll post my addition later this week.

Link to Zendala Dare #111 template


Update:  So I'm back from Disneyland and managed to get this weeks Zendala Dare completed and I love the results.




I started with the bats and then that left some negative space that looked like a perfect place for some spider webs.  I wanted to add a little color so I started with the orange and then I added a bit of green.  Unfortunately, the combination of the two looks like I drew some radiated watermelons.  Oh well.  Keep your Zendala's coming.  I love what you guys have done so far!


14 comments:

  1. Thank you, Erin for this template and have a FANTASTIC time!!!! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure we all appreciate that you took the time to leave us a template to play with even though you are so busy. Have a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! No pressure! Let me see what I can come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all the other speakers, but can you consider to let us know in a little chat wen the Dare can not come that week. I ame always so happy and curious what you made for us that i look every day and i ame a little disapointed wen there come nothing. Them i ame afraid that you stop again for long. I love your Challenges and look always forward to it. So thans for al your work and love. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmela, I usually try to send out a quick post if I am not going to be able to post but sometimes things just get away from me. I will try to keep you advised in the future. Sometimes I do it on my Facebook page because its quicker so make sure you follow me there. https://www.facebook.com/The-Bright-Owl-347046905401309/timeline/?ref=hl

      Delete
  5. Hope you have a great trip. Have some fun and relaxation. Thanks for the great challenge. I love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such fun challenge!I read your blogpost and hear who busy you are and can totally relate. Thanks for taking the time to create these fantastic challenges! Enjoy yourselves at Disneyland! :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such a fun challenge, Erin! Have a fun and restful trip! We all agree: you deserve it! And we all appreciate your selflessness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erin, I have a question for you. Is it ok to put a picture of your template along with our finished zendala on or blogpost? Not sure but it loos cool when visitors can see the start to finish. Just wondering. Thanks again for the great templates.:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, it is totally fine to post the template and the finished product on your blog as long as you reference my blog in your post. Also, just FYI, since you are a CZT you can print the templates and use them in classes if you wish. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for getting back to me! And thank you for letting me know about using your templates in a class!What fun!!! And yes, I always give reference to the creator! You're doing such an awesome job with your challenges, Thank you so much for keeping us on our toes;0)
      I love your finished Zendala! The Halloween theme put a nice little twist to the challenge!
      See you in the new week:0) Annette

      Delete
  9. I do like your result!! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't think I was going to be able to participate this week, but I managed to give it a go and had lots of fun! I love your results, Erin! So colorful and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked this template when I first saw it. So much so that I dived right in, and it wasn't until I finished the zendala that I realized that I had totally missed the Halloween reference. So I did another one, this time more in keeping with the Halloween theme. And it's a little late; but since it's not Halloween yet, I figured it was still worth posting.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley