Friday, August 7, 2015

New Tangle - Mushnik

I wish I had a great story for how this tangle came about but, I don't.  I have been drawing this tangle for about 2 years but never got around to posting the step out.  I think I was just messing around one day and it started to take shape.  What I do remember thinking is that it reminded me of the giant carnivorous flower in the 1986 movie Little Shop of Horrors.

Little Shop of Horrors stars Rick Moranis as a timid man who works at a failing floral shop called Mushnik's.  He discovers a new plant and names it Audrey II in honor of his co-worker Audrey whom he is in love with.  Audrey II however has a dark side and if you want to know more, you'll just have to watch it!


So maybe Mushnik doesn't look exactly like Audrey II
but everything in Zentangle is  a little abstract, right?


So the obvious question is why name it Mushnik and not Audrey?  Because I think Mushnik sounds cooler.  The End.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the idea of naming it Mushnik? P.S: really wanna say this...Zentangle is an awesome blog! Wish you guys lots of luck. Take it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley