Monday, July 6, 2015

Zendala Dare #101

Hello Everyone!  I think I have kept you waiting long enough for a new Zendala Dare template so let's jump in!


Zendala Dare #101




Link to Zendala Dare #101 template


Here is my disappointing attempt:


Tangles: Hypnotic, Frondous


I know, I know, I'm not supposed to speak negatively about my work but to me, this Zendala is all kinds of wrong.  First of all, I started it in March.  It was about 1/3 of the way complete when I set it aside and apparently forgot all about it, along with my blog!  It seemed like a waste so I picked it back up for this post and was almost done with the Frondous in the middle when I realized that the template had an uneven number of lines and my symmetrical pattern just wasn't going to happen.  That's why I needed to put that weird snake like piece in there.  Then I realized that I had colored some sections black all the way around the perimeter of certain sections and not in others.  I just felt like the whole thing was off, yet I persevered and finished it because that's what we do.  Right?  No biggie, there's always next week.  lol


I hope you have a wonderful week and remember to 
link up below!

11 comments:

  1. Well I think it is great, who wants to conform all the time. I will be back with my entry, so glad you have restarted this challenge, thanks for all your work hosting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to have you back! I had given up all hope!
    I know just how you feel about your zendala, it happens to me all the time... Go you for finishing anyways!

    I can't wait to get cracking on this new template.
    Thank you for coming back!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and thanks and here's mine for this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. I have missed the challenges. I have done a few zendalas in the interim but mostly without a template. Took a little getting use to using the template again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see the Dare again, but most of all, GREAT to hear that you're alright. That's the thing about blogging I don't like at all, sometimes people just disappear and you never know if they are alright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to have your challenges back, and glad to hear that all is well. I had to take a year off from my blog as well, so I totally get how life can take over sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have you back, always love your challenge, and reading about what's going on in your general living world.. You are so generous with your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Erin, all 3 templates will show up on my post, didn't know how to isolate just the 3 1/2 X 3 1/2 tile to enter here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, Erin. Hope you'll be back on a more regular basis. We really miss you when you don't post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't done your latest zendalas yet, but I will now that I see YOU'RE BACK! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley