Sunday, July 5, 2015

I'm not dead, happy Fourth of July and other important info.





I want to start by wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July weekend.  I had a wonderful weekend celebrating with family.  My stepmother made the trip from Los Angeles to spend it with the family and we had a great time at my mothers house complete with barbecue, water balloon fight, ice cream and of course, the obligatory fire works.  On Sunday my mom put together a lovely brunch before my step mom left and now I am just spending the afternoon catching up on blog odds and ends.

That brings me to the next order of business.  I am not dead.  You know you have been away from your blog too long when you start getting messages from your readers to check and make sure you are still alive.  I truly appreciate all the concern even if it does make me feel extremely guilty.  The truth is, after nursing school ended I thought I was ready to jump into my old life but after a few weeks I realized that job hunting and being lazy was taking up most of my time.  I didn't even want to Zentangle.  Can you believe that?  Well, I feel like that phase is coming to an end and I am having daily cravings for a bit of tangling so you can expect to see a new Zendala Dare soon.  I hope you guys are still with me!

I was also having a bit of a struggle deciding exactly what I wanted to include on my blog.  In the past I have voiced my concerns here and asked what you guys wanted to read about but as I look back on that I think I was a bit over worried about the whole thing.  I have so many things I want to share with you, my fascination with paper planners, my love for essential oils, my family, my work, and of course my obsession with Zentangle.  A good blog is a blog that talks about things someone is passionate about and that's what I am going to write about going forward.  Feel free to read as much or as little as you like but I have a feeling your going to enjoy most of it. Either way, I would love to hear your comments about my posts.

Last but not least, I have been spending the better part of this afternoon cleaning up the blog and I want to tell you about a few things.  First, the Tangle Links tab has been updated.  The Tangle Links page contains links (or info) to EVERY tangle I have used on the blog.  Some of the old links were broken or there was a newer more appropriate link.  You may notice that some links say "no online link available".  Yes, some of those do have online links but they are links that violate copyright infringement.  I only link to the most direct, most appropriate link that lists the artist ON the pattern, not in the URL or in the Pinterest comment.  The only exception to this are sites that I personally know to be reputable and that are very clear about who the original artist is.  One of the best is Linda Farmers site TanglePatterns.com.  Be sure to stop over there and take a look.   On the tech side of things, I also have one other small but ugly issue.  A few people have emailed me to let me know that there are some "unappealing" links on the Linkey machine where you link your work.  This occurs because somebody purchases a domain name and then for whatever reason decides to abandon it.  The Internet trolls then come along and see that at some point people were visiting that domain and it's like a built in audience for them.  Well, they buy it up and then put whatever type of spam (usually adult content) on it to entice people to read their ads for whatever ridiculous, overpriced, unproven product they are selling.  I can get rid of them, but only if I know they are there.  So, if you find any inappropriate links in the Linkey machine please let me know.  I'm hoping it's all gone!  Also, I have updated the Linkey machine so all the links on the old posts should be restored by Tuesday.  

Have a great weekend everyone!  



1 comment:

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley