Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Zendala Dare #100

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!

ZENDALA DARE #100 IS HERE!

Sure, it's a few days late, but I wanted to make sure it was just right, plus I have a little surprise for you.

When I began the Zendala Dare on April 13, 2012 it was because I had completed all of the official Zentangle Zendala pre-strung tiles and craved more.  At that time it was very difficult to find Zentangle appropriate templates so I decided to start creating my own.  If I was looking for options I knew that others were as well and it only seemed appropriate to share the wealth.  I never could have predicted what a supportive, creative group of tanglers would decide to join me on this journey!  

So today I want to say thank you.  I am truly humbled by all of your lovely comments.  I am especially grateful for all of you who stuck with me when things got sporadic over the last two years while I went to nursing school.  Without your emails, Facebook messages, and supportive comments I may have decided not to revisit the need for The Bright Owl and the Zendala Dare.  

Over the years many of you have asked if there is a "master list" of the templates so that you could choose one you like without having to open every post.  As a thank you, I have created such a list.  

Please note that this list is for your personal use only and remains the property of The Bright Owl.  It may not be copied, sold, or distributed without my permission.  Additionally, I would like to point out that you should not try to print templates from the list.  They will most likely be pixelated and not appropriate for tangling.  Please use this list as a reference to "quick pick" which template you like and then go to the appropriate post to get a printable PDF.  

This is a sample of the document.  Click on the link below to get the full doc.








Link to Zendala Dare template #100


This template has become a new favorite.  The reason the Dare is late it because I was celebrating my brothers birthday with family. Since he is a St. Patricks Day baby ( I also have a brother born on Christmas Eve.  My mom really needs to learn to plan better!) I thought a touch of green was in order.  I rather like the result.  Go Irish!!!


Tangles:  Copada, Cruffle, Metrik, BB


What are you bringing to the 
100th Zendala Dare celebration? 
Link up below!





17 comments:

  1. Gosh, I can look at these and tell you exactly what I drew for each one. Haha! Now I need to go back and fill in the few I missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratuluations, Erin! I'm so glad you're back doing templates again. I so look forward to them every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also from me: CONGRATULATIONS! It's so good to 'have you back' with the Dare. Your tile for this 100th zendala is beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 100 templates! And thanks for the reference sheets. I can put those in Evernote for quick reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Erin for all your hard work. I really enjoy doing the Zendalas and did many before I starting posting them on your site. I have two more to catch up on now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erin, so good to have you back on board. I enjoyed doing no.100, so must try to do the back ones. my print of the list of templates didn't come out very well, unsure why. I do have all of them stored on my ancient laptop but they're in an old Publisher so won't transfer to a macbook . Never mind, I can use all the new ones you bring us. Congratulations on doing your course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on #100 and a big thank you for the wonderful Zendala Dare Master List! It is so very nice of you and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers! Congratulations on #100 and what a beauty it is! Woot!!! Thank you so much for sharing these with us. I've missed quite a few and can't wait to go back and do them all! Thank goodness for that master list =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on #100! What an accomplishment. It's so good to have you back on board; I really enjoy the Zendala Dares. And thank you for the Master Lists. It will give me more templates to fall back on when I get Zentangle deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet of you to do these challenges and to make a master list of the templates. Thanks!!!! I linked to a second drawing because it turned out much more interesting than the first one. This is my first time doing the challenge and I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for The Dare! Congrats on 100! I've admired but not participated before. I enjoyed everything from the graphite copying to the final initials! I also appreciate the master list. Makes going back to try all I've missed even more inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for such a fun template. I really enjoyed it and congratulations on reaching your 100th dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for letting me try this template and Zendala design challenge. I look forward to another soon. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just like old times. I can't remember when I last drew something this small (A4). Thanks for posting, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. was the hundred one also the last one? ...did I mis that messages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Efie! No, it definitely was not the last one. I have just been super busy trying to find a nursing job. I hope to have another Zendala Dare up within the week!

      Delete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley