Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Zendala Dare #96




After two years of nursing school and almost no time off, the hubby and I decided it was time for a mini vacation.  One of our favorite places to go is the coastal town of Mendocino, about 2 hours from our house.  It has beaches, hiking paths, a quaint little village and the best bed & breakfast I have ever been to, The Brewery Gulch Inn.  Our vacation was cut short by a combination of storms and power outages but we lucked out with a few breaks in the weather and snapped some pictures.  I've only been home 5 hours and can't wait to go back!


Zendala Dare #96







Tangles:  Allium, Fang, Pais, Btl Joos,
Courant, Facets

At first I thought this template might be too constricting but as I got going with it I found it easier and easier to fill.  I got to use and old favorite Pais and also threw in Fang.  I don't use Fang very often but it just seemed to fit so well and I love how it turned out.  What will you fill your template with this week? Make sure to use the Linky Machine below so we can all admire your work!


Have a great week!




7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great place for a holiday. Sorry the weather was not too good, but it's not really far away, so maybe another try soon? Your zendala is absolutely gorgeous! I'll see what I can make of it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Zendala turned out very nice! I've just downloaded the string and this will be my first time in the challenge. Off to the drawing board I go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Erin. It's so good to have you back with another Zendala Dare. I hope they will keep coming on some sort of regular basis. After a little manipulating, I combined this dare with this week's Diva Challenge. Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I came in to grab an older template to work on and find you have resumed the dare! THAT motivated me to post a new blog post...my first in almost a year! Welcome back Erin looking forward to a great year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should have mentioned my entry is 'DayLee Doodler' and I'm using the longer spelling of my name these days but don't know how to change it in Google+. ;)

      Delete
  5. Your work is beautiful. Thanks for the dare. I enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too had the same observation: maybe this would be too constricting...But I am pleased with the results. Thank you for posting! http://facebook.com/backspaceinduvall

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley