Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Zendala Dare #95

Hi Everybody!!!  I'm so happy to be back!  You have all been so supportive and understanding about the  crazy Zendala Dare schedule over these past 2 years and I truly appreciate it.  For those of you who are new to the Bright Owl, I have spent the last two years obtaining my nursing degree and I can now proudly refer to myself not only as a paramedic but as a Registered Nurse!!!   Even though I graduated in December, the holidays, a bout of pneumonia, and a crazy schedule have kept me from getting back to the Dare as fast as I would have liked but the point is, I'm here now and I'm ready to work.  


Me and my favorite nursing buddy, Nikki.  Thankfully we
don't have to wear those hideous white scrubs anymore!

One of the biggest things I have noticed about the blog is that even though I have not been posting, my Facebook page, my Pinterest, and my Tangle Links page have all been generating a ton of traffic even in my absence.  At one point I thought that maybe the Bright Owl and the Zendala Dare had run their course but in light of all the emails, comments and web traffic I can see that it just isn't true.  I have decided to continue the Dares with the caveat that while I hope to keep them a weekly installment, that may not be possible.  We may have to go biweekly or even monthly but I'm hoping it won't come to that.  What is changing though, is the day.  The Zendala Dare you to come out on Saturday morning but that is not conducive to my schedule right now.  I will be posting each Tuesday until further notice and as always will leave the linked machine open so you can post your entry whenever it is convenient.  

Enough with all this jibber jabber, how about a Dare?


Zendala Dare #95



I'll admit, at first glance I wasn't thrilled with this template (which is odd since I am the one that MAKES the templates), but I thought it had potential.  Since it was my first week back with the Dare and to be quite honest, I haven't done any serious tangling in 4 months, I decided to go simple.


Tangle:  Huggins

Please link you work below by entering your DIRECT link to your page.  


Hope you all have a great week!


23 comments:

  1. Hello Erin, welcome back and many congratulations on your nursing degree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie! I'm excited to join the nursing ranks but SO happy school is over!

      Delete
  2. !!! and my silly kitty aurora just deleted my whole post. stink!

    wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! so glad to see this post. yay!!!! (of course i'm enjoying your other endeavers, too) welcome home, erin, you've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I get so jealous whenever I see you posting new things. I was just itching to get back in the saddle.

      Delete
  3. WELCOME BACK!!!!! I had the biggest grin on my face when I saw you had a new post. Congrats on your degree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Sue. That makes me so happy to hear you say that. I hope you like this weeks template.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ame so happy you are back and congratulations on your nursing degree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you are back. Congrats on the degree. And love the drawing, but have no clue how to got to the end result form the template. Will have to come back for a bettter look in the morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, I took a second look and I guess it is a little difficult to see how I ended up with what I did. Maybe I'll post a little step out to show you my secrets! lol

      Delete
  7. Erin. Congratulations on your degree. I am so pleased to see your post pop up in my blog. A big smile from me! I have made a few of my own Zendalas but not enough. They are very time consuming to draw so it is appreciated. This one looks interesting and will keep me busy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Val, they can be very time consuming. Every once in a while I create a template completely by hand and it takes forever! Glad you are enjoying the Dare.

      Delete
  8. And, quite unexpected there was the mail with your new post and Dare. I was (and am) really very pleased! Great that you got the degree now and you deserve a bunch of flowers because you did it, all this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on earning your nursing degree! Sichuan a great accomplishment, and you did it in two years while tAking care of a family and holding down a very demanding job.

    I have to admit I am one of those that visited your website (still) weekly as I started back at Dare #1 and worked forward while you were away. I am so excited you are back.

    Keep Calm and Tangle... A Zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see you publishing challenges again. Congratulation on finishing your nursing degree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great to see you back! Congratulations on your degree. I can't wait to have a go at the latest template. I love what you did with it. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! Missed you!... and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back Erin and congratulations with your nursing degree, We ar in good hands now with you :) I too frequently visited your blog hoping for a new challenge! I was surprised when I visited your blog this week and saw there was a new template. Thanx for te joy it brought to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Erin on your nursing degree! And a very Welcome Back! I've missed you a lot, and am looking forward to your newsy posts and doing any templates you can share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all congratulations on your degree!

    I new here and also new to zendalas but this was really fun so I'll be back for the next one!
    Thanks for the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a feat - you persevered and have your degree - you must feel so proud!

    This was a very fun dare - my first here - happy to have found your site. Thank you for hosting it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations and welcome back Erin - you've surely been missed! I'll have to miss doing the dares for a while as my printer is mucking up (plus I'm going on a long holiday) but as soon as I can I will. Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your nursing degree! I called in hoping to find the site active again and was really delighted, though I'm not at home at the moment so can't get back to a dare till later in the week. I haven't drawn a single mandala since the dares were not happening, but I enjoy doing them and will have missed the sharing and motivation. Erin, we have missed you - I think I speak for many!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley