Monday, August 18, 2014

Goodbye.........for now

Hi there!  Remember me?  If you don't I don't blame you.  Think back real hard to 10 weeks ago when I told you all that I had made a momentous return.  Well, I lied and by now you have probably figured that out.  My life has been crazy lately and this picture is a pretty fair representation of whats been going on.



I had all these grand plans for summer and then everything went to crap.  There are no excuses.  Just summer school, a crazy work schedule and dealing with all the other obligations that life brings.  In the end something had to suffer and unfortunately it was my blog.  But saying it suffered is probably no a fair description, nothing is really "suffering", instead I like to think that it just a whole lot of awesomeness being postponed.  

On top of everything else, I sort of fell into a new blog.  As I have said in the past, I have a few medical issues that I deal with and after years of dealing with them the conventional way I decided to take a more natural approach and began utilizing essential oils to help deal with my symptoms.  My friend Chris decided to try them also and we had such great results that all of our friends were asking for info and it soon became evident that the best way to get the information out there was with a blog, and Essentially Erin & Chris was born!  Stop by and check it out if you like.  

So what does this mean for The Bright Owl?  Well, there won't be a whole lot of changes right now.  I will not be posting Zendala Dares consistently until after the first of the year.  This is mostly due to school.  When I do return and get back on a schedule, the Dares will mostly likely be monthly and not weekly in order to be consistent.  Some people have suggested that I just give up this blog.  I'm not talking to those people anymore.  lol

This has been and always will be my first blog baby and I could never give up Zentangle all together so while this is a goodbye, it won't be forever.

Before I go though, I need to deal with a promise I made 10 weeks ago.  You may remember that I promised a giveaway of Black Zendala Tiles for entries in the Zendala Dare #94.  Since I didn't hold up my end of the bargain and deal with it the next week I am going to go ahead and give away TWO sets of tiles and the winner's (picked by a random number generator) are:




      Linda B











   Jeanette Clawson




Ladies, I will be emailing you soon so I can send out your tiles!

Farewell loyal readers! 
 You'll be hearing from me hear and there and if nothing else I will see you in 2015!

13 comments:

  1. I am sad to see you go, but glad to hear you do "plan" to return. Hopefully by then I will have attempted to catch up on your dares. My best to you, see you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be missed, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will certainly miss you and your challenges but I do understand how life can get in the way sometimes. We will watch for your return, whenever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dare will be missed Erin along with yourself so will wait patiently for your return (when you're ready). I have already started following your other blog. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Erin. Looking forward to your dares when have chance to do them again. Thanks and have fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the studies, looking forward to your return, in the meantime I may dip into old challenges for some zendoodle fun. Linda B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're caring for you! I just recently discovered essential oils also so have been trying to get a handle on my health issues. I signed up to follow you as maybe we can learn together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your new enterprise. Here in Germany natural remedies are "normal". I have a tip I want to share, so I'll share it with you. I hate face creams, so I've moved over to pure carrot oil as a treatment for my dry skin on face and neck and one morning I got too enthusiastic and ended up rubbing my (dry) short hair with the oil. I now do this every monring. It lends a red tinge, so if you don't want that, don't do it! I don't think the oil is particularly good for oily skin and hair, either, but it's great for me! You can put normal makeup on over the oil, but wait for a bit and don't use too much at once!
    Your ditching the zendala dares for a while actually matched my losing interest in the tangle thing. I've been painting abstracts again after a long break and never stop writing novels (someone might read them one day!). I think I'm nearly ready to do some zen doodling again, but I'm not as motivated as I used to be.
    Life changes. We change.....
    All the best for your present and future projects.

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will certainly miss you and the Dares; but totally understand how Life can get in the way of your plans. A couple of old sayings come to mind: "Man plans, God laughs." and "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans".

    Good Luck in all you endeavor. We'll be looking forward to the time when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck, Erin! I miss you and your dares, but look forward to doing them again at a later time if that works out for you.

    I use Young Living essential oils also. My favorite for pain is panaway. I'll be sure to try your blend also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck in school and hope things go well for you with your medical issues. Have enjoyed doing the Zendala Dares and will look forward to them whenever you have time to do challenges. In the meantime will have to be open to creating my own Zendalas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the update ... sorry for the bumps along the way, but I guess that's just life. I'll check out your new blog, but I sure hope you drop in again for updates. You're missed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just discovered your Challenge templates today. All I can really say is wow! I understand you're not very active on this blog for a number of reasons but I still wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your time and talent. I have just downloaded ALL of your Zendala templates (WOW!) I'm new to ZIA (in the last 4-5 months) and I really enjoy working with templates and I look forward to getting started! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley