Saturday, June 7, 2014

Zendala Dare #94 - Happy

Well hello there!  Remember me?  Your fearless Zendala Dare leader?  I didn't realize until I was checking old posts this morning that it has been 3 MONTHS since I last posted.  It feels like just a few weeks.  When I said I needed a break, I figured I would focus on school, do some Zentangles here and there, and have time for a little relaxation.  Unfortunately, the only one of those that occurred was finishing up the third semester of nursing school.  I had heard it was the most difficult, and it was pretty bad, but now that I have seen the schedule for the fourth semester, I am really worried.  It is a 5 day a week schedule with very little chance for anything else.  Not to worry.  I am hopefully getting things in place to avoid another hiatus, but remember, you agreed to take this crazy ride with me so I'm hoping you will hang onto this roller coaster ride regardless of what it might bring!

So, a little bit of catch up!  I did well in nursing school, I also had to take an extra History class to complete my degree and managed to get a B after struggling with History class for my entire life!  I  have also fallen into a new small business opportunity (which I will discuss at some point) and am working my butt off on the ambulance.  Other than that, it's status quo so lets get to the good stuff!


Zendala Dare #94 - Happy

I am beyond happy to be resuming the Zendala Dare.  I am happy to be off for the summer.  I am happy to be alive, well and living a great life.  This is the first Dare of the month so as you know, there is an extra challenge and that challenge is to tangle Happy.

Feel free to use tangles that start with the letters in Happy, go to a place and tangle that makes you Happy, or use the tangles that make you Happy to be a Zentangle artist.  Just be Happy this week.

Here's the template:


Link to Zendala Dare #94 templates


Tangles: Pepper, Cruffle, Dansk, Courant

It was a little difficult to get back in the swing of things after 3 months of not even picking up a Micron, but it was like riding a bike.  The Cruffle, Dansk and Courant are old favorites and I added in the Pepper to give it some contrast and structure. 


Because I want to thank you for sticking with me during this crazy time I thought we should have a giveaway.  I love these Black Zendala tiles from Zentangle and will be giving a set away.  All you need to do to be eligible is to complete this weeks Zendala Dare and link it below using the Linkey machine.  One entry per person please.  I will pick the winner using a random number generator on 6/13 at 6:00 PST.



So get to tangling!  And make sure to link up below for a chance at the Zendala Tiles!





Have a fantastic week!




30 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Erin! Glad to hear that you're getting thru your nursing! WTG on your History exam and course.... making time for you and your incredible talent is tough... we're happy to hear anything and have a dare here and there in your busy schedule....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Erin - I can't believe it's been three months either, nor that you've gone all that time without doing a Zentangle...shows just how very busy you have been. Well, delighted you're back and look forward to taking part in the Dares again. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy (yup, happy!) to see you back. Congrats on finishing your third year and getting through a History class (memorizing all those dates is a nightmare)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great work you do. thanx for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Erin and well done on finishing 3rd semester of nursing school - thank you for this great dare - it made me smile, look forward to getting back to Zendalas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAAAAAH! so happy to have you back. Looking forward to your zendalas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto on the congratulations and happy to see the dare is back at least for now. This was a fun one. Enjoy your time off from school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you back :) Congratulations on the History and the nursing progress and have a well earned summer break. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Erin! Good luck with the next semester... I really just would like to get your opinion and permission if I may, about me creating a swap using your challenges. I belong to an online ATC (artists trading cards) group that swaps and trades other types of mail art also. I'd like to host a swap using our zendala challenges on "chunky" pages, if you don't have any problem with that. Thanks so much! eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, Erin! Good luck with the next semester... I really just would like to get your opinion and permission if I may, about me creating a swap using your challenges. I belong to an online ATC (artists trading cards) group that swaps and trades other types of mail art also. I'd like to host a swap using our zendala challenges on "chunky" pages, if you don't have any problem with that. Thanks so much! eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back Erin and congrats on your nursing school accomplishments! Sometimes we all need a break - I did too - but I have a feeling that your Zendala Dares will help motivate me to get back into tangling for myself! Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurray!!!!! I didn't realize just how much I had missed you until I saw that you were back. Wait a minute, I did know. I've been looking around for Zendala templates. None live up to yours. I've really missed them. So glad you're back and that you had such a productive hiatus.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've done mine! http://randomramblingsofceleenacree.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/zentangle-challenges-16/

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back, erin!!!! i missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you are well and back to posting. I check in to see if posted and was missing your postings. Glad you are well. Hope you and your family have a blessed summer.
    http://www.staceysmilecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back Erin! Doing your templates and dares always makes me HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back! Your templates - and the place to share them - is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad you are back!! Hope all is going well for you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really 'happy' that you're back, Erin.
    Welcome and thanks for this Dare, it's was there at the right moment for me, because I was very happy!
    I like your tile, it has great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back! I actually had a lot of trouble getting started on this ... then I remembered the string is just a suggestion. After a couple of changes I was good to go. Tangling paradox makes me very happy, so does dancing & who doesn't love flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome back Erin. I'am glad you gave us this week a HAPPY zendala. I use just the tangles that came into my mind with this happy zendala. Thanks for this great dare.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy to have you back and Congrats on your success at school. Looking forward to having the Zendala Dare at least for a couple of months. Now off to look at what others have done. I got this done just under the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you're back! Even though I don't submit my work every week, I do look. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad you're back, Erin. Congratulations on all your accomplishments. I don't know how I missed your return; I keep checking every week or so. I found out you were back too late to do this Dare, but I'm looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome back! I love this string!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, the URL I provided was not complete, so that's why I added my tile again with correct URL.

      Delete
  26. Welcome back! (Even though I'm a little late in getting to you.) I haven't been doing much tangling, but I just got back to the Diva's challenge for the first time in ages, and when I checked in, here you are!

    What a great template. And I love what you did with it. Looks like a bouquet of roses and poppies! I'm going to save this template for a very LONG plane trip that I'll be taking soon. I'm so glad to have a new zendala to work on. It should help the many, many hours go faster. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Welcome back. I just found out that you presented this dare and even though this is late? - I am looking forward to it. We all need HAPPY! Congratulations on finishing your 3rd semester. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Welcome back Errin, i have just discovered your new dare.
    I am not able to post this one becouse i am working in the printing museum in Meppel Holland, laerning how making mandala cards with screenprinting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Since there doesn't seem to be another Dare yet, here's my response to this one.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley