Saturday, February 15, 2014

Zendala Dare #92

Ahhhhh.  I feel so relaxed writing this post.  Right now I am working a medical standby event on the ambulance at the Green Music Center.  Sonoma county is lucky enough to have a state of the art music facility at Sonoma State University and I am privileged enough to be able to listen to world class music and get paid!  Tonights performance is by the Santa Rosa Symphony.  I wish I could tell you what piece they are performing but I didn't pay attention to the schedule earlier.  All I know is that it's familiar.  Classical music really isn't my thing but I still enjoy listening to it and appreciating all the practice that goes into this type of performance.  It's an interesting process because in the afternoon there is a "rehearsal" that the public can attend and then in the evening there is the final performance.  Before the performance however there is a lecture by the conductor where he explains the piece being performed.  The Santa Rosa Symphony conductor, Bruno Ferrandis does a great job of explaining the composer's intent and why the piece is played the way it is.  Seriously, I'm getting paid for this?  I really am a lucky girl.  



Zendala Dare #92



Sometimes when I look at a template, I see obvious choices for the shapes.  For example, when I look at the ring of star like shapes on the outer edge of this template I automatically think AuraKnot.  Sometimes I give in and go with it.   Other times I refuse to go with the flow and instead try to challenge myself.  These week I decided I was in the mood for a challenge.

Tangles:  Limpitz, Lotus Pods, Mushnik,
Paradox, Courant
First I tackled the star shapes.  I wanted to keep some of the points but make the shape a little more organic so I added the Limpitz and Lotus Pods and then filled with some linework.  Next I added Mushnik on the edge and then suddenly realized that I needed to use a tangle from this blog post!  This weeks tangle is Paradox, given to me by Jean Chaney!  Of course I have used Paradox before, but it was time for a revisit and I am so happy with the result.  Thanks Jean! A little shading and the tile was done.  


Remember to link your creation below.  We all want to see it!



Have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Yeah, Erin, that's great, being paid for listening to beautiful music. I hope you liked what they played.
    What a beuatiful template and what a pleasure to get it this Sunday morning. I always hope that you have time to post it before my weekend is over. So THANK you!
    Your tile is very beautiful; I love all kinds of linework in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    You are nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!
    http://pumpys-pumpys.blogspot.com/2014.02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try this address please
    pumpy-pumpys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the perks of your job include listening to a good concert - and having the time to give us such a great template this week! I've already done it (three times!) and enjoyed each one immensely. Love what you did with it too - really impressive! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Erin for this template! I enjoyed it and love your creation as well! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The '2' got into the link accidentally, but I will do another version of this nice template.... Thanks again, Erin. Your experience as an accident officer reminds me of my decades as a performing artist. I think the fire and accident people drew lots to get to attend opera performances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this template, Erin. I actually finished it pretty early, and pretty quickly. I may even do another 1 or 2. It lends itself to a number of approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have a nice perk but as with many things your job has other costs. This was an interesting template. It definitely challenged me. For some reason, I seem to be able to include more negative space in my zendalas than in some of my tiles. I am getting better at it though. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Erin for your lovely template. I'm so please you enjoyed your concert especially seeing the rehearsal and hearing the conductor talk to the orchestra. We are very lucky here in Dorset as we have the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra who play at the Poole Lighthouse each week. We have managed to go a few times this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for this template. I especially enjoyed the stars in it for some reason. And I love classical music and I am happy for you that you got to enjoy it like for free while working :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It wasn't until after I posted my first Zendala this week that I discovered the little bit about using Paradox; so there was no Paradox in it. But no problem; I said I might do a second one anyway. So here it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a fun template! I wish there were more round and curvy tangles to use as fillers. I feel like I'm putting square pegs into round holes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so, these are not really this weeks, but I wanted to say hello to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! First time poster, long-time tangler and even LONGER-time lover of mandalas! I'm #41. Thanks for providing these templates! :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley