Saturday, January 11, 2014

Zendala Dare #87

Imagine that!  A Zendala Dare that is getting posted on time!  I must admit, I'm pretty proud of myself right now.  I wish I had more to offer you in this post.  There are no pretty pictures this week.  No cute stories.  No inspirational quotes.  Just work, work, work.  I had to fit lots of work in during my 26 days off between semesters but that all comes to an end on Monday when school starts back up so be prepared.  Things could get a little crazy!

I am going to use this opportunity though to do a little public service announcement.  The H1N1 flu is really taking a toll this year.  It has already claimed the life of a paramedic in Florida and a 23 year old man right here in Sonoma county as well as several other people.  It is so important to get vaccinated and it's not to late.  If you have not received the flu vaccine yet I urge you to contact your doctor or local clinic and find out where it is available.  If you are one of those people who hates needles you can even get it as a nasal spray now.  In case you do not have health insurance, the vaccine is not very expensive and there are always discounted or free options available.  

Many people who die don't actually die from the flu per se, but rather the flu exacerbates existing medical conditions.   If you have an existing pulmonary condition like emphysema or chronic bronchitis or are prone to pneumonia it is especially important to get the vaccine.  Please don't take a chance, get vaccinated!  And remember, hand washing is your best defense against infection so do it well and do it often.


Zendala Dare #87

Let me start by saying that I loved all the Zendala Dare submissions last week.  It was so much fun to see what everyone was grateful for.  I was especially touched by all the people who said they were grateful for the Zendala Dare.  I love doing it every week for you guys so it was nice to hear that so many people enjoy it.  

Here's this weeks template:



I was going for a simple tile this time but things don't always work out as planned.  

Tangles:  Socc, Chemystery, Batter

I started with Batter in the middle and then Socc just evolved out of that.  I wanted to lighten up the edges so Chemystery seemed like a good choice.   The overall effect is more complex than I was going for but I like the difference in textures I was able to produce.



I hope you have a fabulous week!


11 comments:

  1. I was delighted to be checking my blog JUST as your new Dare came up - you certainly have been prompt despite a busy week. Thanks for your flu warning too - it is rife here in Spain this year too, though I'm not sure which strain. Just one little moan...I have just discovered your gorgeous SOCC tangle and was waiting for the chance to use it....well, it IS yours, so I shouldn't complain and it looks great here in your lovely Zendala! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I'm sure you could find another way to fit it into this template! So many possibilities and it is such a fun tangle!

      Delete
  2. This week's zendala looks great (as al,ost everyone does) again. Tonight I'll start tangling in it and I look forward to that (as always).
    Thank you Erin, also for the flu warning. Here in The Neteherland people over 65 and also people that are at risk (like me, I'm 65 and I have emphysima) get an invitation every october/november to get the vacination and I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dare came with perfect timing - thank you for your hard work. I needed the zen time today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anticipating a lot of unique Zendalas with this template. Glad you were able to get things started early this week. Hope it is a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Challenge, I truly enjoy doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Zendala, It looks very complicated but in good balance.
    The Chemistry border is .....WOW..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this template! Can't wait to go check out everyone's takes on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great template this week. I really like it, and thought of lots of ideas for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just published my first challenge and wanted to thank you for provide a great template!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley