Sunday, December 29, 2013

Zendala Dare #85

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are now recovering by doing absolutely nothing!  Mine was great.  I spent time with friends and family, had  amazing food, and avoided work for a few days.  

Three of my favorite people!
So I would love to tell you that this post is late because I was having just too much fun, but I cannot tell a lie.  This post is late because I had an extremely busy 2 days on the ambulance and may have broken my finger a little.  I keep telling myself it's not really broken and that the swelling will go down and all will be good but now I'm not sure.  If I had spent less time yacking and more time paying attention I probably wouldn't have slammed it in the bathroom door at the hospital in the first place.  It's really cramping my blogging and tangling style!  So for now, you are just getting the template and no sample tile.  I guess we will see how it feels later tonight.

Zendala Dare #85





UPDATE 1/1/14

The good news is, the finger is not broken.  The bad news is, it still really hurts.   I persevered through the pain (insert sarcastic tone here) and I managed to crank out a Zendala.  It's a simple one but I think the end result is nice.  

Tangles:  Phicops, Amaze,
Pearlz, Munchin




Please check back later to check out the
fantastic work of your fellow tangles!
Have a great week!




17 comments:

  1. Oh Erin, I'm so sorry for you and I will keep my fingers crossed that is is not really broken.
    Thanks for the template and please take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your finger Erin. I hope it's not really broken and gets better soon. Thanks for going through the trouble to give us a template. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your finger. Perhaps it is not broken. I think I have broken my little toe "frequently" when I don't watch what I am doing and catch it on the coffee table. Know what you mean about not focusing though. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better. Those types of injuries seem to be more problematic, mostly because it reminds you of how often you use it. Don't think I ever broke a finger, but back in the day when I participated in sports, I had my share of stoved fingers from having a basketball hit the end of my finger. I do not think I have ever been the first post in a Dare/Challenge since I began participating. Again, hope you are feeling better soon and thanks for all your great templates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not nice, Erin. Please get well soon. Wishing you a new year filled with health.... it really helps in our pursuits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou so much Erin for your faithfulness in giving us the Dare challenges. It means a lot to me, and keeps my creative 'me' going. Otherwise I may do nothing, and that is not good. So thankyou so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your finger, Erin. I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried to leave a comment twice, and it just disappears when I go to preview it. This is my last try.

    Hope your finger heals quickly if it's not healed already. And thanks for a new template in spite of it. It's a terrific one, I love it. So much so that I've already posted my first try; never did one so early on before.

    Here's wishing everyone a great New Year's Eve and a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear - very painful! Hope it's better soon and that there's no lasting damage. Can't believe I didn't see this final template of 2013 before now - must away to get it done before we go out to celebrate the end of the year. Hope you have a lovely time - sore finger and all. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I may have broken my finger a little"!! :-) Hope it's feeling better. Looking forward to a new year of tangling and zendala dares. Thanks for keeping us on our toes and giving us a wonderful new challenge every (well, almost) week! Happy New Year!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Zendala may be simple, but it's very effective. Striking! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad your finger isn't broken. :-). Your Zendala is lovely and one would never know you persevered with a sore finger. Thanks for a really interesting Zendala this week. I enjoyed working on it. Thanks for finding time to satisfy your "fans" with the weekly Zendala. We all appreciate it. All the best to you and your family in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Erin and Zendala-ers! First time participant here... I found the Zendala Dare quite by serendipity and am delighted at the idea, especially as I am making an effort to be more creative and make more art in 2014. I posted my link last night and am having fun viewing all of the beautiful designs everyone else has posted. A lot of great ideas and talent! Thanks for letting me play along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your 'brave' dare is beautiful, Erin. Glad nothing is broken but know that it can still hurt just as much anyway. Take care! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your black, shining zendala a lot! Great that your finger is not broken, hope the pain will go away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for being so daft and putting a link to your blog again, instead of my own...second time! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally got my second Zendala #85 posted. After you had already posted #86. But that's me, always a bit behind.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley