Saturday, December 21, 2013

Zendala Dare #84

I'm really cutting this one close on the Saturday deadline!  I had such big plans for today and then came the dreaded 8:00 am phone call from the supervisor telling me that I had to come in for a mandatory shift.  It doesn't happen very often and the money is really good but it's a huge inconvenience 4 days before Christmas when there is still plenty of shopping to be done and a Zendala Dare to post!  Well, speaking of Zendala Dare's, lets get to it.

Zendala Dare #84

I love this template.  I think it has a different feel than most of my other templates and has so many possibilities.




Tangles:  Quib, Phicops, Caviar
I'm not sure what happened with this photo.  This is a black and white standard Zentangle tile but it photographed tan for some reason.  I could try and fix it  but I like the color so I'm not going to mess with it.  I started my tile with the official tangle Quib and then added a little linework in the triangles.  I was comtemplating my next move when I realized that Phicops would fit perfecting in the crescent shaped spaces and I LOVE the end result!  I hope you all have as much fun as I did with this template.  


I hope you all have a wonderful week and 
a very Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

  1. Like you, I love your zendala. I'll try to get it out of my mind, so I will not 'copy' yours.
    I hope you have a blessed Christmas and at this point of time, I like to THANK you again for all you did for us in the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH thank you, Erin - I hadn't dared hope for another dare before Christmas! You are a star. And as Anne says, you've given us an amazing example for this template - it will be difficult to shake off its influence!
    Have a wonderful Christmas - I hope you get some quality family time. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please re-instruct me how to print this template. Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Erin! Love the Phicops on the tops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made my own template it was such fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting the dare. It gives me a chance to practice things and challenges me to work on things that are more of a challenge and my intuitive response is to avoid. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have been working the dares for awhile now but this is my first post. Thanks for the templates. I love them all. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erin-a festive Zendala with ribbons! Thank you for your time spente producing and publishing the Zendala Dares-we all enjoy it!!
    Hope your holidays have been special and that the New Year brings much joy in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific template. I usually prefer symmetrical Zendalas, but this one really got my juices going. Thanks for all the work you do in setting these up: they keep me (and lots of other tanglers,too) on our toes.
    Have a Healthy, Happy, Peaceful (and Prosperous wouldn't hurt) New Year, and may the worst day of this coming year be no worse than the best day of this past one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do you get your templates?

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley