Saturday, December 14, 2013

Zendala Dare #83 - Baby, it's cold out there!

OMG!  I have to start with an apology.  I won't get into the whole story but things were very chaotic at school last week and my only option was to put the Zendala Dare on hold.  Not a big deal, right?  I wrote a post apologizing and letting you all know that I had to take a week off and then I neglected my blog until today.  When I went to write this post I opened up Blogger to find a message that stated "Would you like to post this message?'  Holy crap!  I wanted to post that message 7 days ago Blogger!  So I apologize for leaving you all in a lurch.  I get the impression that you guys care about me just as much as I care about all of you so I'm sure there was some concerns.  Don't worry, I'm not in a ditch somewhere.  I haven't left my husband and run off to Vegas (although I am running off to Reno for a few days this weekend).  I haven't run off and joined a cult.  All is good and I promise to check and make sure that my post has actually posted from now on!


Zendala Dare #83 - Baby, its cold out there!

Here's this weeks template:




Link to Zendala Dare #83 templates


Since this is technically the first Zendala Dare of the month there is a little extra challenge.  This weeks challenge is all about being cold!  Here in the mild climate of Sonoma county we do not usually see the cold temps we have been experiencing over the last 2 weeks.  It has been dipping into the high teens/low 20's at night and is rarely getting above 50 during the day.  I know, I know.  It gets much colder elsewhere (I cringe when I see all the snow pictures in the Diva's blog posts!) but here in California this is a rare occurrence.  I have had to drink a lot more Bailey's and coffee just to keep warm!

So this weeks extra challenge is to create a Zendala that reminds you of winter!  You can do this with tangle, color, or snowflake inspiration!  Just try to convey your favorite winter image.  Here is my contribution:


Tangle:  Brrr

I did not originally intend for this to be a monotangle but the template spoke to me and this is the end result.  I chose to use my new tangle Brrr.  It is inspired by bitter cold and a bunch of annoying ants.  I'll write more about that when I post a step out next week.  I think the tangle worked well with the unnatural curves of the template and the end result is better than I envisioned.  


I hope you all stay warm and have a great week!


12 comments:

  1. Love the template and your finished product has so much dimension it looks like you can peel it off bit by bit. Great job. Glad to know that you a well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zendala is very pretty and so is the new tangle! Sorry to hear that you were so busy, sorry for you I mean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chalk it up to holiday stress. We did miss you, but we all understand how things go. I haven't managed to complete a challenge since Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to worry - I thought I might not survive the week without a Dare, but I did and it made it all the more exciting when this one popped up in my blog roll. Thank you so much - I love this template and your new tangle! Keep warm. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, like many I'm sure, kept checking each day. I'm glad that everything is okay and that your computer was just not cooperative :) We all enjoy your templates and we enjoy cheering each other on as we continue to grow in our art. Thanks, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That technology, I tell you.... I can't wait to see your step-out for Brr - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, also, kept checking each day. I'm glad it wasn't anything serious; just a technical glitch. I look forward to your templates every week, and feel kind of deprived and lost when there isn't one. This was a fun one, and I like what you did with it, and the new tangle. Looking forward to the step-out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that things were okay. Appreciate your challenges. They do stretch me in this journey. A couple of years ago would not have imagined my doing this. Looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first saw this I saw little elf heads. LOL I enjoyed this one thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're back and everything is okay. Thanks for another great dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Zendala dare...had to give it a try today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My late entry has been posted. Thanks so much for keeping this up even with your hectic schedule. Have a merry and restful week!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley