Saturday, November 30, 2013

Zendala Dare #82

Happy Thanksgiving Week!  I hope you all had a fabulous week and were able to steal away a little time for family and friends, and of course some turkey and pumpkin pie!  I was very fortunate this week to have  two Thanksgivings and be able to attend both of them.  My schedule fell just right and I was able to have two full days off from school and work.  On Thursday my husband and I went to his sister's house for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time visiting with friends and family and playing with our adorable nephew Calvin.  Then on Friday my mom hosted another Thanksgiving dinner where I got to do some more visiting and play with my three other nieces and nephews.  The children were getting a little restless last night waiting for dinner so I pulled out a few Apprentice tiles and had an impromptu Zentangle class for the little ones. 
 
Not bad for two 4 year olds and a 6 year old!
We started with Static and then moved onto Sez.  Then my niece Avery decided she was going to teach everybody how to draw tulips.  The whole thing was pretty amusing.

Zendala Dare #82

Here is the template for this week's Zendala Dare:



In the past I have been pretty vocal about my dislike of circles but I embraced this challenge and am happy with the results.  I think the key to this template is that the circles are not very large so it makes it easier to get them symmetrical when tracing.

Tangles: Jetties, Worms, Cadent
For this Zendala I went with one of my favorites, Jetties.  I think it looks great with an aura and this template was a perfect fit.  I used Worms as a border and then filled with Cadent.  Cadent is an easy and impressive tangle but for some reason I rarely use it.   I may need to move it into my rotation.  I think it looks especially good with the alternating lines I used to fill.


Have a fantastic week of tangling!



7 comments:

  1. I love your circles tile, Erin! It's just right! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin, for a great Zendala this week. I really enjoyed this one. So glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And again a great template, thans as always.
    I like your Cadent a lot, I will try this one time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like how the jetties fly off the page. Thank you for providing the Zendalas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE to see the work that the children did! (Yours is great too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The work from the kids was adorable!! I have been helping my friends daughter get into zentangle she's 11 I believe and she's quite good! I enjoyed this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little behind with this, but couldn't finish it last week. And since there's not a new Dare posted yet, I figured I'd put mine up. The kids work is great fun. I'm curious as to their ages.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley