Saturday, October 26, 2013

Zendala Dare #78

Not much to report here on my end.  How are you guy's doing this week.  I have been working, going to school and prepping for the best holiday of the year, Halloween.  I always have the nieces and nephews over to my house for trick or treating so I will have lots of pictures next week.  This week I will just leave you with one image.  I have switched clinical assignments and am now completing my Psych rotation at a local hospital.  This is my view while I eat lunch.  Jealous?



Zendala Dare #78

I was so proud of myself this week.  I had the whole Zendala Dare ready to go by Wednesday.  Two full size samples, great template, awesome post, the whole shebang.  Then as I was cleaning up some of my other templates I came across a different template that was dated almost six months ago but with the Halloween fast approaching I think you can see why I needed to change it up.





The obvious spider web motif really caught my eye and I think that the template is pretty cool in general.  Here's what I decided to do with it.



People are always telling me that they cannot make a Zentangle because their hand "isn't steady enough."  Sure, there may be a little truth to that, but that can be practiced just like anything else. Sometimes I like to complete a tile that is just precise linework to keep my skills up and that is what I did here.  It was so relaxing.

Ok, before you look at the second tile, promise not to laugh.  : )  I am both embarrassed and extremely pleased with this piece.  Embarrassed because it sort of looks like a 5 year old drew it but pleased because I really stepped out of my box.


My vision was to create a piece that used my tangle Senju as a base for the little ghosts but then I just started to see shapes that would lend themselves to all types of Halloween motifs.  Not that it's a big deal but I came up with these all on my own.  I have never been able to "draw" until I began to Zentangle so to come up with something that is representational at a most basic level is a big deal for me.  For the record, I am not a fan of representational Zentangles but you have to admit, this is pretty cute.  Even my emaciated bats!  


I can't wait to see your traditional or Halloween creations!

Have an amazing week.

12 comments:

  1. hahahahaha! i love your bats! and you did step out of your box - this is wonderful! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is your second zendala? Really like the first one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had not seen your first one, because it is a bit what I had in mind after seeing the template. But ..... you dir very well Erin, it is beautiful.
    The second one is big fun!
    Thanks for another great template.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pablo Picasso said he had spent his whole life trying to regain the innocence of childhold (in so many words). I really like your Halloween zendala because it sends out the right message. And going into what is often called Neopoprealism is a nice change from the purely abstract patterns of official zentangle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm very jealous of your view. Gorgeous!

    Love both your zendalas. The first is so soft and clean. It almost looks like embroidery. Love the playfulness of the second one--so perfect for Halloween. Can't wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did get something completed. Reading about this Dare reminded me that it was about this time last year when I participated in my first Zendala Dare. Have not participated in all of them but I do enjoy them, even when I am challenged. Hope to keep participating as much as I can. Keep them coming Erin. Good luck in school and enjoy your favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun and creative!! I just now saw the cats! You are so right on the first one about practice, practice refines those drawing skills! It's cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, you have a lovely blog, and I like the dares, so I tried it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of them for different reasons, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ghost Zentangle is absolutely adorable. If anything would make me want to make a tangle this one would.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the view you have for lunch! Thanks for making time to challenge us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your Zendala's - especially the first one - so simple, but effective. Not feeling it for the template though…. so maybe that's more reason I should push myself to try it anyway….

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley