Saturday, October 19, 2013

Zendala Dare #77 - Random Acts of Zentangle

I'm back!!!!!  Did ya miss me.  I definately missed all of you.  I warned you at the beginning of the semester that things might get a little crazy, and well, they did.  This semester is divided into two sections that are treated completely separate.  So I have spent the last two weeks completing assignments and attending clinical assignments for med/surg.  Add on two tests, home life, a wedding, work and a desperate need for sleep, and well, you get it.  But I am back in force!  I start my psych rotation on Monday and from what I hear, it's a cakewalk compared to med/surg so I should be a little more on top of my game.  As usual, thanks for sticking with me.  Even when posts are running behind I think of you guys often.

Once again, last night I had the best intentions of posting, but I passed out fell asleep on the couch and barely made it to the bed.  I figured I would get up bright and early to post and set my alarm for 8:00 only to have the supervisor wake me bright and early at 7:50 to tell me I would need to come in for a mandatory shift.  Therefore, this is later than I expected and an abbreviated version of my actual post since I am posting from the ambulance.  I hope you still enjoy it.


Zendala Dare #77

So the last time I posted I promised a cool extra challenge and a really cool template and I am still prepared to deliver on that.  This template was love at first site for me.  I'm not sure why, but as this template was developing I just loved it more and more.  It is a departure from my usual but I think it has so many possibilities.  I think you are going to love it!



Now, onto the added challenge.  The added challenge usually occurs on the first Dare of the month but I couldn't pull it together in time so your getting it now and it's a great one.  You probably will freak out may be resistant to it, but I am really encouraging you to try and complete it.  

There is a new trend afoot called Random Act of Zentangle.  It is in the same vein as Random Acts of Kindness or Paying it Forward but with a Zentangle twist.  Here's what you do:

1.  Print out the template, transfer to an appropriate tile and then fill with amazing tangles.

2.  On the back of the tile write something about it being a Random Act of Zentangle.  I usually write something like "Congrats!  You have just found a Random Act of Zentangle.  This piece of art has been left here for you to find or pass it on.  Enjoy!"  You can write whatever you like.  Some people like to write something about their website or Zentangle.com but that feels a little like an advertisement to me so I personally choose not to go that route.

3.  Take the tile to a public place and leave it somewhere.  Take a picture of it wherever you are leaving it and then........walk away.  Yes, back away from the tile.  Come on, you can do it.  It will be ok.  Someone will find it in just a few minutes and give it a new home.  Alternately, if you want, some people choose to give it to someone directly as a sort of Random Act of Kindness.  Either is fine, the point is to give it away though.

4.  Now take your picture and go to this Facebook link and post your picture and a little bit of info about where you left it.  If you are not on Facebook, that is fine too.  You can just write about it in your blog or on your Flickr or Picasa album but the Facebook page is a lot of fun to look at.

Here's what I did with mine:

This was my first attempt.

Tangles: Box Spirals, Crezn't
I left this Zentangle in the restroom at Chevy's
in Santa Rosa, CA.


I loved the template so much I decided to do a second one.  Wouldn't it figure that I loved the end result of a tile that I would now have to give away!  

Tangles:  Allium, Floo, Zinger, Enyshou

I decided to go the personal route with this one and give it to Jessie.  She works in registration at one of the local hospitals.  She always has a smile on her face and is so nice to everyone.  I thought she deserved it and she was very  happy to get it.




I can't wait to see where you leave your Random Act of Zentangle!
Make sure to link up and post on the Facebook page!

Have a great week.

6 comments:

  1. Yes Erin, we all missed you, of course!
    About the Dare: I like the template and I LOVE what you did with it.
    I like this idea of leaving it somewhere for someone to find but, photo's from my phone cannot be uploaded to the computer and if I use my camera, people will see what I'm doing. So, I'll probably will nog be able to make a photo.
    Thanks for this dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, I also missed you, but you should take good care of yourself in the first place.
    I love the Dare this week and it's a great idea to leave it somewhere.
    Your Zendala's both are very lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if there's any point in leaving anything lying around here in Germany. Typically of German citizens (well, the honest ones), it would probably end up in the lost property! So I'll leave my attempts here instead and mail them to my friends in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to have you back Erin and appreciate all the time you take in keeping up your blog and our weekly Dares. Anytime the "real" world takes over please take the break. I haven't left my tile in a physical public place but in a cyber public place on my Facebook page. Hope that is OK.
    PS - I know you posted some spare zendala templates for us a few weeks ago, but I am not sure where you posted them, can you remind me please - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way the tangles spill out of the open circles. I like your second one best with the floral tangles!
    BTW, I accidently entered in last week's again-didn't know how to delete it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally got this one finished. I haven't left it as a RAZ yet but I've got my annual mammogram coming up soon and plan to bring it with me.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley