Saturday, September 21, 2013

Zendala Dare #74

Well, I started this week with the best of intentions.  My sample was done early, the post was started, picture's were loaded.  And then the niece arrived.  And all hell broke loose.  She was dancing, singing, yelling, tearing apart my craft room, monopolizing my iPad and insisting we make chocolate chip cookies.  And she is only 4!  She actually really well behaved.  It's probably my own fault for letting her have dessert and a lollipop!  Anyway, it was 11:30 and all of the sudden I remembered I had a Zendala Dare to post.  In reality, I never promised when on Saturday I would post.  So here it is 11:08 in the evening, she is tucked in bed and you are finally getting your Zendala Dare.

I was super excited to see that the Diva Challenge this week was to incorporate color.  I have tons of colored pens and that is where I was headed and then I remembered these metallic watercolors I had picked up. 




They were only around $6.00 and I love them!  Now, I know nothing about watercolors so I have no idea if these are of any considerable quality but they were easy to work with and the colors were really fun.  Here's the finished product:


Tangles:  Batter, Solow, Flux, Allium, Croon


Zendala Dare #74

Here's the template:





Tangles:  Phicops, Pokeleaf, Betweed, Putter

I am constantly trying to be more organic with my tangles and I think I did pretty well with this one.  I used one of my new tangles, Putter and then tried to soften the tile using Phicops and Pokeleaf.  I like it.  


Have a fantastic week and remember to link up!

10 comments:

  1. Your Diva Challenge is gorgeous!!!! Lovely colors and great tangles.
    The zendala is also beautiful, the template as well as your completed zendala. Pokeleaf is beautiful here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Challenge piece is lovely, and l loved the colors that you used. Your template is ummmmm...... different. Looks like it will be a real challenge looking forward to it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing for always managing to provide us with an interesting task, no matter what goes on in your life. Did you have fun with your niece?
    Your watercolour tile is gorgeous, as is your zendala piece! Love Putter, have to try it on for size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this zendala looks a lot like one we did awhile back - i drew surfboards for it, i'm going to have a hard time not doing that this time because that's what i see - surfboards, and sand, and waves, and sun :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What brand were the watercolor paints? Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, your tile for the diva colors is so great. I am really inspired by it. The tangles are so great together, with the touch of color on the background. Just GREAT !!
    Your template is gorgeous too. I always like your templates, but also I feel the urge to make some changes in them, I do not know why, but in some way I always want to give it my personal look. I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Erin. This is only my second attempt, but I have really enjoyed the templates. Your own work is a source of inspiration for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colored tile for the Diva´s challenge is beautiful!! Also thank you for this lovely and interesting template this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got a set of inexpensive water colors too. They are a lot of fun and make nice backgrounds for tangles. I saw skateboards too in this template, but not until I had finished it. Must be from having 4 sons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your artworks for both the Diva Challenge and the Dare #74.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley