Saturday, August 31, 2013

Zendala Dare #71

Welcome back everyone!  I'm so glad to see you have not abandoned me during my brief period of laziness busyness!  As I had mentioned in a previous post, nursing school started up again last week.  It's both amazing and overwhelming at the same time.  I got to see all my old friends who have embarked on this journey with me but I am also revisiting the amazing amount of studying, working, and schedule juggling that I must employ to make it all work.  Oh well, it is what it is, right?

I apologize for taking some time off last week and for posting late today.  I have entered the clinical phase of school which means I am taking care of real patients!  Being a paramedic, I'm used to a lot of patient contact but the type of patient care I am giving now requires a lot of prep work.  Each Friday I am required to drive 25 miles to the hospital I am working at and collect as much info about my patient as possible. Then I take the trek home so that I can spend the next 4-6 hours filling out paperwork about their various ailments and medications.  Unfortunately, this process cannot be done any earlier in the week or you risk your patient being discharged and then you would have to do the whole process over again on Saturday morning.  And did I mention that I have to leave my house at 5:45 am to make it to clinicals on time?  I am so not a morning person.   This does not leave much extra time on Friday night to post a Zendala Dare.  Last semester I did my pre-lab work on Mondays for Tuesday morning clinical so there was no scheduling conflict.  Not to worry though.  I will not be giving up the Dare.  I just need to adjust the schedule to get a few things in place earlier so that the Dare is waiting for all of you bright and early Saturday morning.  I'm not looking for sympathy, just a little understanding until I work out the schedule.  Hopefully we will be good by next Saturday.  I have the best group of readers ever so I know you all understand.  

Zendala Dare #71

This template has been on hold for over a year because I was worried it was not conducive to Zentangle.  When I looked at it last week I thought "It's a challenge.  It's not called the Zendala Doable, it's called the Zendala Dare!".  So here it is.  Love me or hate me.  It's up to you.  lol





Tangles: Midoosa, Flux

I won't lie.  When I saw this template I thought my tangle Midoosa would be a perfect fit so I already had a little advantage. (I will try to post a step out for Midoosa this afternoon.  Likely, no, but I'll try.)  UPDATE:  I actually managed to get it drawn and posted so you read all about Midoosa here and print a step out here.)   I like the way it turned out but not as much as I thought I would.  I tried to do Heartstrings in the middle in the hearts but it didn't come out right.  The end result is good but not close enough to call it Heartstrings.  I'm actually not sure what it is.  I threw in my old favorite Flux because I could.  No special reason.  

I know I always say I will try a second one and never do because of time constraints but this week I actually have a second one 75% finished so check back.  I wanted to post the template first so everyone could get started. 

UPDATE:  Here is my second entry.

Tangles: Sez, Floo
For my second attempt I wanted to stay true to the template but have a more freeflow Zendala.  If you look carefully you can see where I placed a dot in each petal of the outside flowers and then went on to use the tangle Sez.  I love the unstructured look that I was able to obtain with this technique.  I finished it off with Floo in the hearts and a little line work to round it all out.  

Have a fantastic week and thanks for sticking with me!




11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous zendala! I soooo understand about your schedule. I went through something similar when I was training to qualify as a speech pathologist. I admire your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The template and your zendala are both awesome! It is going to be a dare, though! Thanks for all the hard work you do for this dare - it is always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will indeed be a challenge, this template. No idea what to do with it yet. Well, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A difficult one this week Erin, a real challenge.
    Love how you did it yourself, Midoosa is perfect this way;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great unique template. Enjoyed doing this one a lot. Hope you get your schedule structured, but it seems that things always have a way of changing. They also work out sometimes in spite of our efforts. Glad you are able to keep challenging us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this template. Thanks, Erin, for the weekly treat! I should apologize for doing so many versions, but I enjoyed myself doing them and decided to post them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Erin...Loved this one and The Midoosa is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Midoosa. I can see many uses for it. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the template and I found it a lot of fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first time doing the Zendala Dare, and I had a great time. Looking forward to doing more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just realized that I inadvertently put in a wrong link. Sorry, I've put in the correct one.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley