Saturday, June 29, 2013

Zendala Dare #63

I'm trying to do a quick post before running off to work today even though, in my perfect world, I wouldn't leave the house today.  We are having a heat wave here in Sonoma County and it is miserable.  Yesterday was 101 degrees and today is supposed to reach 104.  That's a big change from the 65-80 degree range that I'm used to and I.... don't...... like...... it!  I've never been a fan of heat but couple that with a paramedic uniform and you have sheer torture.  Have you ever noticed that you never see a paramedic, firefighter, or police officer running around in a breezy, white uniform?  It's because they don't exist.  We all wear navy, black or dark green and it sucks!  I can't believe I never considered this before jumping into this career.  Ok, my weather induced rant is over, onto the Zendala Dare!



Zendala Dare #63


Link to template for Zendala Dare #63

I'm not a big fan of representational ZIA's.  That's to say that I try to stick to the spirit of Zentangle and not let my tangles "look like something".  Now, I do admit that a flower or two does make it into my work on occasion, but other than that it's usually pretty abstract.  But when I started on this weeks Zendala I just couldn't escape the fact that it looked like carrots to me.  Carrots can't be black and white so next thing I knew the colored pencils had made an appearance.  The final product is way outside my comfort zone but I love anyhow.

Tangles: Flux (var.), Pearlz, Courant, 




Stay cool, have a popsicle, and remember to link up!
Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Dear Erin, also the white uniform like here in the Neteherlands are with that heat also not nice to wear. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even a bikini wouldn't help in this weather. But it would be fun to see the paramedics in them!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paramedics in bikini; hm I think that would be the day :-).
    I saw that in Death Valley it is 54 C today, hope you will be ok in the heat in your town.
    Thanks for another great template!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Erin sitting surround a lot of paper mess and other old stuff I realy enjoyd this zendala challenge!with thanks to Carmela who sais just a little place is anough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck for dark, hot uniforms. Hope they're not polyester, too. I hate poly in the summer.

    Looks like a really fun template. Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how people stand temps like that!
    Thanks for the great template!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your service Erin, especially in heat like that! Wish they would consider a cooler uniform for you all!
    Thank you for another fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get some cooler weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous template! Thanks Erin...hope you manage to stay cool in the heat, I will send you some cool, I'm in New Zealand...Winter Here

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear you are melting in the heat wave. I don't know how people in suits and uniforms survive with heat like that.
    Seems like they would need a paramedic!
    At first glance, I wasn't wild about this template, but quickly changed my mind when I started working with it. Thanks for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you found a cool place to hang out! And lots of ice to hang with. Thanks for the template again.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley