Saturday, May 25, 2013

Zendala Dare #59

Welcome back!  I am happy to say that my first semester of nursing school is OVER!  And I got a good grade to boot!  I am so excited to have my life back, for the next 10 weeks at least.  I hope there are lots of short vacations, trips to the beach, relaxation and Zentangle in my future.  But in my immediate future is something far more important:


Zendala Dare #59

Here's this weeks template:



Here's my interpretation:

Tangles:  Many Moons, Echoism, Zinger, Emingle
When I was working on this my original intention was to leave the circles in Many Moons blank to create some negative space but the more I looked at it the more I disliked it so I added the horizontal lines.  When I took another look I realized that this gave the illusion that the triangular pieces had been "laced" on.  I wanted a little something different for the center so I added a mess of Zingers and I rather like the effect.  


Remember to link up and I hope you all have 
a wonderful week!

11 comments:

  1. Goodmorning Erin (here in Holland it's 11:18 am now). What a lovely template you bring us (again).
    Your zendala is beautiful and I love yhe open spaces.
    You've got yourself a milestone with Dare 58, there were 50 (yes, 50!) entries!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this template and I see all sorts of variations coming out of this one! I did a quick tile this a.m. before my life gets busy, but I can't wait to settle in and try at least a couple more ideas. Thanks Erin for posting these templates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I love your Zendala! The lines in your many moons are very effective - especially with the lines going the opposite way in the striping of the dark diamonds - it sure gives a lot of dimension!

      Delete
  3. Another really inviting template. Thanks, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful template, Erin. Thanks again for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this "simple" template lends itself to so many different interpretations. Can't wait to see them all. Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this weeks zendala dare Erin. I really look forward to Sunday when I can print it out and spend sunday night filling it in. Its high on my agenda of things I look forward to. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Erin, for another fun template! I really look forward to seeing what you come up with every week, and the challenge of coming up with tangles that do your templates justice. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with so much enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked this one. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I forgot to leave a message before when I linked. CONGRATS on finishing off your semester. I have two nieces who went through Nursing School, so I have heard how tough those semesters are! I am glad you will have more time to relax for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's my most recent (and now my newest favorite!) tangle. I love doing these!!
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley