Saturday, March 30, 2013

Zendala Dare #51

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!  I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend celebrating whatever it is you choose to celebrate.  Personally, I'm having a pretty good week.  I managed to fit alot of work in this week which will take some pressure off me next week.  I got plenty of Zentangle related items finished so I can show you guys some cool new stuff I have planned.  The family and I had an Easter egg hunt last week since my mother and I wouldn't be able to do one tomorrow.  I wish you could see the adorable pictures of my nieces and nephews but Auntie forgot to download them into the computer before she left the house today.  Oops.  And last but not least, I had my second nursing school exam and got and 86% which I am thrilled with.  So ya, I'd say it's a pretty productive week.


Zendala Dare #51

This week's Zendala Dare caught me a little off guard.  Take a look at the template and then I'll explain what I mean.




Zendala Dare #49

At first glance I thought this weeks template was pretty original.  As I started to work on it, it became obvious that it had similar characteristics to Zendala Dare #49.

It made me start to wonder why I had created to templates that were so similar.  Do I just like those shapes?  Are those shapes just more likely to be formed using the techniques I have been using to create my templates?  Am I subconsciously creating similar shapes because tangles fit easily into them?  I don't know what the answer is, and I guess it doesn't really matter, I just find it interesting why our brains do the things they do.

Tangles:  Striping, Plugs, Dooleedo

I like how the Doolee Do worked in the border and I think the other tangles filled the spaces nicely but I will have to work on the shading of Plugs a little bit.  



Hope you have a fantastic week!

14 comments:

  1. Love this template and your zendala! Yahoo on your 86! Hope your week continues to be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Erin! Can you believe that you've been doing this for almost a year? Thanks so much! I now have a wonderful collection of art because of you.

    Congrats on your 86!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, good on you!!!! 86 is great.
    So is your zendala, it looks quite complicated and beautiful on the black backgroud.
    Nowadays I get your new Dare on Sunday morning, so one of the first things after getting out of bed is ..... Yes, of cours :-)
    Thanks for another great template.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for yet another great zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely template and beautiful zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on your exam :) you are going to be an awesome nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your zendala and appreciate the work you put into doing these "dares" for us. I am always amazed at how different everyone makes theirs. (I never peek before I draw so I won't subconsciously copy and idea.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first submission - just started Zentangles a few weeks ago, but am definitely addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Erin! This is not my best work, but it was fun! I really liked the design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Erin for another great Zendala. Congrats on your great grade. Keep up the good work. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great template Erin! Congratulations for getting a good grade; keep up the good (hard) work! I love your tile - especially Doolee Do, which is one of my favorites, but I don't see it often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin, I really love your Zendala. The border is terrific and your choice of tangles is perfect. Thanks for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for making and posting the templates every week. I really enjoy making those zendala's.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley