Saturday, March 23, 2013

Zendala Dare #50

So what do you think of the new look?  I felt it was time to classy up this blog.  The last template, while ok, never felt quite right to me and I am not a fan of the color blue so I'm not sure why I chose those colors in the first place for my old template.  This new look is way more me.  And no, I didn't draw the flowers.  I was just lucky enough to stumble upon a Zentangle like motif with a blog style that I liked.

A few weeks ago I had a heart to heart with myself (which was difficult since I only have one heart, haha) about what I wanted for the future of this blog.  What I decided is that first and foremost,  I want it to be a resource.  I love collecting, organizing and re-purposing information that I find, especially from the internet, and I think this blog is an excellent vehicle for that.  Of course, I will be primarily focusing on Zentangle, but also including a few of my other favorite subjects like crafting, healthy living, and cooking.

Over the next 2 weeks I will be introducing you to some new features of my blog.  Today I would like to direct you to the new "Tangle Links" tab at the top of the blog.  Since starting the Zendala Dare I get a lot of emails asking which tangles I use in my tiles.  Even though the tangles are listed below each photo many people, especially those new to Zentangle, have difficulty deciding which is which.  I decided to provide a link, whenever possible, for all the tangles I have used.  I think you will find it a valuable resource for finding new tangles and a wealth of inspiration.  Please read the information I have posted on that page before reposting.  

Zendala Dare #50




This template is a bit of a departure for me.  I have masked the edges so they are hidden at the edge of the circle.  I have always liked this style but it can be a little difficult to master but I think this is an interesting first attempt.  Here's what I did with it:

Tangles:  Printemps, Tipple, Courant

My first vision for this tile involved filling every space, but as is the nature of Zentangle, my primary vision is not what I ended up with.  And thats ok.  I started with the middle circle, then the star points, and finally ended with the Printemps around the edge.  Once I had the Printemps in place I liked the negative space that was left behind so I decided not to fill it.    All in all, I think its a pretty good attempt.


I hope you all have a fabulous week and enjoy the new blog!

29 comments:

  1. Love the changes you made to your blog. The green looks great. Looking forward to seeing all the additional things you are planning to add to your blog. Thanks for another wonderful Zendala. I'm excited about filling in all those spaces with wonderful tangles. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! It is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!! I will enjoy looking around and enjoying your blog...

    Sandy S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin its just lovely! So fresh and light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great. I love the area with the tangle list - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it ! favorite color! your doing a great job with your blog. love doing your dares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks great! And the list of tangles is amazing. That must have taken a long time to create!

    I also love what you did with the zendala this week. It's just stunning with all the white space and the simple elegance of the tangles you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin, I love your new look! it's so fresh looking :)

    You gave us another fab Dare and I just love your choice of tangles - it's very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fell in love with this new template the moment I saw it!!! Thank you again for it. I may a bit late with my zendala because today and tomorrow there will be some visitors for my birthday.
    But.... it will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so LOVE your new design!!!! And all thos elinks on the left side for different tangles - AWESOME!!!!....Love you for that!!!...HUGS..:)

    I will post all my Zendalas together. Have been having a trying time fitting in the Diva's Challenege / Zendala Dare / Monotangles / My own practice sessions / and loads more! 24 hrs just doesnt seem enough..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the work you have put into the links for the tangle patterns. I've always appreciated your labelling of the patterns you use. I love the new design.
    Thanks again for all your juggling of work, study & tangling.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooooo wow! i soooo love your new design! very well done! i think it's time to hop in again with the weekly challenges again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new site, the green is so soothing and zen like, and love this template. I really enjoyed tangling on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes the new look is very refreshing. The green is relaxing. I like your Zendala. The printemps is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The new green has a fresh and optomistic feel. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very springlike, your new design. I like it a lot, especially your title!
    I enjoyed the new outline. Thank you so much for setting these dares every week. I missed last week because my cold symptoms were taking up all my energy! Actually, I did do one, but it was so minimal that I didn't post it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. late start for me this week. but I so appreciate the new dare. It was really relaxing to sit and tangle again after a very busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way your zendala turned out! It is fun to see the texture of the line work!

      Delete
  17. Thanks Erin. Added some, took out some. You know. Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new crisp clean look to your blog. Changes always keep things fresh and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the new look to your blog. I really don't know how you find the time to do all that you do but I'm very thankful that you do find the time. Thanks so much Erin. I like your Printemps on your Zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your new page, it looks very springing looking!! I like the open spaces in your Zendala, it gives it some depth and the rest is super, as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Erin, I really, really liked this one! Thank you for the great designs and the great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love your new layout!!! It looks so clean and polished. Now I want to do an overhaul on mine. I also loved the outer ring on your tangle. I'm going to try something similar the next time I sit down to tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope this makes it in time. Am really at the end of the deadline. Glad to be able get another Zendala Dare done after missing so many. Erin, will be interested in seeing the new things that you do with your blog. Think it is hard to keep blog flowing. You do have the "advantage" of the Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bah - the deadline = glad this dare was still here on the first page - didn't have to go searching!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Deadlines and general living just don't mix.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OK I'm way past any deadline (catching up on all of them as I'm new to this), but here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was my first Zendala dare. Loved this template. Looking forward to the next one and seeing what other's are creating, too!!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley