Saturday, March 16, 2013

Zendala Dare #49

Hello and welcome to the late edition of the Zendala Dare.  It's actually only about 8 hours late which is pretty good considering the week I've had, but late nevertheless and for that I apologize.  I could make all kinds of excuses but I believe honesty is the best policy and the truth is, I chose sleep over blogging.  I got off an hour and half late last night and sleep never sounded so good so I decided to post early this morning.  Then morning came and sleeping in never felt so good so I did.  There you have it.  

I wanted to take a minute and address a few things.  I appreciate all the feedback I get from my loyal readers.  Even though I may not respond to every comment please know that I read each and every one and look at every single link.  I read all the emails you send and try to respond to each one.  The problem is, due to the nature of my work and the many hours I spend in school, I may not be able to respond to an email the moment I read it and unfortunately, some get lost in the mix and don't get a response.  I am trying to come up with a better way to organize them so this does not continue.  If you send me an email and I do not respond within 48 hours, please, please, please resend it and I will reply.  You will not be bothering me.  There is nothing worse than having a question you cant get answered and I do love hearing from my readers.

I have also set up a Facebook page for The Bright Owl.  I will be posting the Dares, interesting links, and maybe even a bonus template or two (hint, hint).  If you would like to sign up here is the link.


Zendala Dare #49

Here is this week's template:




I had a lot of fun with this template.  It's a departure from the type of templates I usually do and that forces me to use new tangles in places I might not ordinarily think of.  The center part doesn't thrill me but such is life.

Tangles:  Baton, Laced, Copada, Midoosa

Next week is spring break and I have set aside several days to finish up some projects I have been working on.  I hope to unveil several of them in upcoming posts so make sure you check back and see what's new!

Have a fantastic week and remember to take
time to tangle!

Erin

16 comments:

  1. I love this template Erin! Thank you so much and oh I must say that your zendala is amazing! What an inspiration you are to all of us! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning is the word for this zendala I think. I love the centre with the 'sunburst'.
    We all understand of course that you had to sleep first. That's called taking care of yourself and I'm so happy you do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely mandala outline, and your solution is beautiful, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you kidding? i love the center - looks like a dove flying through your zendala! brilliant! don't you love how things work out when we just let the creativity flow?

    and i'll choose sleep almost every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Zendala, and yes, it does look like a dove flying through the center, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours is just so well done. My goal is to become neater and stop filling in every single spot :) Thanks for the inspiration, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleep is a wonderful thing! And your Zendala is marvelous.
    I added color this time :-) Something I rarely do... but the beets were being prepped to roast I got to wondering and the next thing I knew...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your zendala is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this one! It was so much fun to do, even though I really don't like my design that much. Thanks, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great template Erin, and I love the way you filled yours. I didn't notice the dove until it was mentioned in the comments, but yes, that's exactly it! I love the way you did copada, and the lacing of the outer circles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun template this time, of course, they all are. Big Thanks for all the time you continue to give to this challenge. I've really enjoyed getting to view all the entrants art. Very inspiring. I continue to be amazed at all the different people one can get to know through challenges like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And then I open your blog and ........... WOW, a totally new look. I think it is great especially considering your new healthy way of living.
    I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erin - I love the new look! I also love the tangle link - what a lot of time and effort must have gone into that. Thank you! Not that I didn't like the look of your blog before, but somehow, whether you know it or not, the new look reflects the new thinking you talked about a few posts ago. I do hope you are succeeding with your goals and also with your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your tile for this dare! You inspire me every week. Thanks for all you do, and I too love the new blog look, it's as if you're ready for Spring and the New Beginnings you've been talking about.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley