Saturday, March 2, 2013

Zendala Dare #47 - Losing it

Well hello everyone!  I'm feeling so productive this week.  I managed to blog twice this week and get the Zendala Dare up on time, with an actual sample mind you.  If you would like to see the two Zendala's that I wasn't able to post for the last two weeks they are now available here and here.

I have had a very busy but rewarding week.  I started a new healthy living plan that I'm calling the Healthy RN.  You can read about it here if you are so inclined.  I attended a my first book reading, I started my clinical rotations for nursing school and even managed to fit in a little exercise. 

I'm working the next three days but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will continue to be as beautiful as it has been.  Hopefully I will be able to fit in some Zentangle time because there are a ton of new tangles that I am itching to try!

Zendala Dare #47 - Losing it

It's the first Saturday of the month so this weeks Zendala Dare comes with a little extra challenge.  This weeks challenge is called Losing It.  As I stated previously, I have embarked on a healthy living journey with the main directive of being healthy and losing weight.  In keeping with that theme I thought it would be fun to "lose" part of the template.  So this week I want you to remove part of the template when you transfer it.  I know many of you already remove or add lines here and there so if you are one of those people, how about removing only half a line or part of a circle or oval.  The point of the added challenges is to take your art to a new place and that may be uncomfortable for you.  Being uncomfortable is a good thing sometimes.  

Now, I know many people do not transfer the template to art paper and honestly, I'm a little perplexed by this.  The technique is super simple (you can find it here) and why spend the time creating beautiful Zendala's if you are not using quality materials.  Your work is too valuable to not take this extra step.  If anyone has trouble with this, please comment below or email me and I will do everything I can to help you out.

So here's this weeks template:



Now transfer the template to a piece of art paper remembering to leave out a shape or line.  I think you will be surprised with what a difference it makes.

Tangles: Zinger, Beadlines, Weave, Beelight

As you may be able to tell, for my Zendala I removed the vertical ovals on the outside edge.  I think it gives the piece a light airy quality that it probably wouldn't have had I left them in.

What will you come up with this week.  
Hurry up and link below so we can all see!

Erin

15 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful zendala, Erin. I like Zinger around it very much.
    Thanks for the new Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one as is. I will make another leaving something out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I ever thought of leaving anything out. I was using the print-out as is. I tried your way of pencil on the back and trace and it did work beautifully. Thanks again, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I love the part in between the 'petals' -it gives a nice depth to it! How do you get the 3-D disc look on the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Zendala and a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your challenges are so nice, but i can't get them to fit on the page when i try to make a copy. everyone's is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew Erin you are one busy girl. You made me really think on this one, but you are such an inspiration. Thanks for this wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Challenge - Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son showed me how to trace the template making dots along the curves - no need to draw full lines. A very challenging challenge this week - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this chalenge I really enjoyed making this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better late than never. :-) I enjoyed the challenge. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was an easy one for me.! Thanks for all you do Erin~

    ReplyDelete
  13. All mine are late, I've only just discovered this blog and catching up with all of the dares in time.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley