Saturday, February 9, 2013

Zendala Dare #44


February is my birthday month and so far I have been blessed with a fabulous surprise party, breakfast at my favorite restaurant on my actual birthday, an impromptu Superbowl/birthday party on the ambulance and tomorrow my girlfriends are taking me to Reno for what I'm sure will be a fun weekend of Scrabble and helping orphans.  Yeah, right.  So this post will have to be short because I still need to finish laundry, pack my suitcase and find my feather birthday boa but I wanted to make sure that you had your Zendala Dare to work on while I was gone!  

Before we get to that I thought I would share what I did for the Diva Challenge.  This week was a UMT (Use My Tangle) challenge and the tangle was Dansk by Margaret Bremner.  I have used Dansk before and what really attracts me to this tangle is the amount of depth you can create.  I like this one in the same way that I like Printemps.  The key to these tangles looking great really lies in the shading.


Tangle: Dansk

Tangles:  Tawk, Tipple, Dansk, Chemystery,
Pystyl, Knightsbridge


Zendala Dare #44



I chose this template because it is so different from what we have been doing for the past few weeks.  I like the simplicity of it and the challenge of the straight lines.

Tangles: Tink, Amaze, Paradox, Fang

I was surprised with how much depth I was able to achieve with this template.  I feel like all the tangles worked really well in the spaces I used and I especially like the "new to me" tangle Fang.  It's kind of an optical illusion and so easy to do!

I hope you all have a great week and don't 
forget to link up below!

Erin




18 comments:

  1. Wow! What beautiful linework! Your tile is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your tile is GREAT.
    I hope you have a GREAT time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday when it comes up and enjoy your time with your friends. thanks for the template. your tangles fit quite nicely with the template. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday when it comes up and enjoy your time with your friends. thanks for the template. your tangles fit quite nicely with the template. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! It is a fabulous template and I love the way you tangled! It is a fantastic tile! Thanks again for the time and effort to take in our behalf. I so love your dares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had fun doing this tangle but then I made an error when I posted my link the first time. So "4. Celia Norman" takes you to my Picasa website not my blog. So if you could please delete that it would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was interesting to work with all of those angles. Thanks, Erin, for another great Zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did one a few weeks ago but then my bronchitis flared up again and I was only work-sleep-work-sleep, etc, Will try to do this one and post it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first dare - thanks for being here - very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, Happy Birthday Erin and thanks for making us happy on Saturdays by posting your dare. This dare came at a great time. I needed to send my dentist a thank you note. The rounded shapes reminded me of teeth so I tangled behind some dental images and made my thank you note. Thanks, so much for a timely design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! This is the first one I've posted. I'm going to go back and post #38 and #42 if I can. I'm not very good at using other tangler's tangles, but it's still very relaxing for me. I really want to learn to etch zentangles onto metal to use in my jewelry! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Erin!

    Thanks for the interesting challenge. I love how your tile came out, and I'm very impressed by your Dansk (especially the monotangle). Beautiful lines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Erin. I hope your fun month continues!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley