Saturday, December 15, 2012

Zendala Dare #36

Well hello there!  Don't worry, no complaining this week.  It's been a good one (for the most part)!   A few days of work, lot's of holiday festivities, and today, my 3 year old nieces ballet recital which I'm sure I will report next week was the cutest thing ever!

Last weekend I went to a friends Christmas party and had a great time.  Then I followed it up the next night with a little company get together that a coworker organized.  

Me and two of my besties!

That picture above has one nasty little detail that you may or may not be able to see. I have been lugging some rather unattractive teeth jewelry around for the last year and on Monday I finally got to say goodbye to it!

Yes this is a lame picture I took in my car but I was so excited
to have my braces off!

I was so excited to get my braces off only to realize that I was now saddled with 4, yes count em, 4 retainers!  Two permanent ones, and two removable.  Between the braces, the retainers, and almost losing one that I wrapped in a napkin while eating lunch on the second day, I feel like a 13 year old!

Alrighty then, onto the Dare!

Zendala Dare #36

Here's this week's template:


Week 36 Zendala Dare Template


This week I wanted to incorporate a bunch of new tangles into my Zendala.  I found that to make them work I required a lot of shading.


Tangles:  Wengz, Rain, Beadlines, Firecracker, Culdesac,
AuraKnot + Paradox

I really like the way this turned out.  I used a tangleation of AuraKnot + Paradox for the center and no matter how many times I try it, I am always amazed how good it looks.  It's easier than you would think to combine the two.  You can find the directions here if you want to give it a go.

I hope you all have a wonderful week of tangling and 
preparing for the holiday season.  Remember to stay
warm and link up below.

Erin





10 comments:

  1. Wow, I can imagine how excited you were when the braces went.
    The zendala is beautiful with dark and light devided very nice.
    Thank you Erin for the new template!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smile just lit up my screen and I can only say...you are beautiful! Thank you again for a fun dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo on the braces removal! I know you must be excited. Your dare is fantastic! Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, having your braces removed is definitely something to smile about!!! And, a lovely smile it is too. Thanks for the Dare, hopefully I will get some time to do it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you're glad the braces are off! Your smile looks beautiful, so it was worth it! Thanks again for creating such interesting Zendalas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Smile without the braces. I can imagine that it is a relieve to get rid of them. Thank you Erin for the great template. I loved doing this one. A little bit of everything (straight lines with the star and circles). Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed using this template and participating in the "Dares". Sure you were glad to get the braces off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! How exciting to get your braces off.

    Great template. I look forward to these every week.

    My first link didn't work. Not sure if you can remove it or not. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry! I have now put this zendala under the right heading. My browser jumps around a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, Erin, for your templates!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley