Saturday, November 24, 2012

Zendala Dare #33

I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a guess that by now everyone has had their fill of turkey.  I know I have and I still have another Thanksgiving dinner to go to today!  This year I worked on the actual holiday but I can't really complain.  My awesome partner Jenn made an amazing cinnamon roll concoction that she brought to work to start off our day.  Then I spent about 30 minutes watching her scream and yell at a television and the football players that couldn't hear her.  We didn't have very many calls so the day was pretty mellow.  To finish it off we had a turkey dinner at the hospital which was actually pretty good.  My husband spent the day with his family.  He was in charge of desserts which I thought was interesting because I have never seen my husband bake anything in 12 years.  I'm a very good baker so of course the controlling side of me wanted to tell him every little thing he should do but after 3 or 4 minor arguments I decided to give up and leave him to his own devices.  Wouldn't you know it, he makes a really good pumpkin cheesecake all by himself!  It had a few minor imperfections that I told him I could help with in the future and he was receptive, but it makes me think I should just let him do all the cooking from now on.  What do you think hubby?

Yesterday we did Thanksgiving with my family.  My mother made the requisite turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.  She also made her famous crab salad, my Aunt Wynel's cheese cauliflower, and her specialty, orange bubble ring (no, it has nothing to do with jello).  The orange bubble ring has been on the table for every holiday I can remember.  Maybe I can get her to part with the recipe.  The whole meal was topped off with super generic jellied cranberry sauce.  I know, I know, say what you will but we have tried every recipe for every variation and the hunk of solidified sugared sort of fruity stuff always wins out.  What can I say?

Today my husband and I have been invited to another Thanksgiving hosted by "my other brother" Rahmin and his girlfriend Barbara.  Rahmin ended up being a surrogate brother because his mother is like my second mom.  His mom Sudahlia, has been in my life in some capacity for the last 20 years.   She understands my crazy crafty, arty side of me that most people don't get.  Rahmin and I didn't really interact until we ended up working together about 10 years ago and now we fight like brother and sister and both run to mom when the other one pisses us off, but he know's deep down I love him.   He's probably just inviting me so I will do the dishes!

So of course all of these Thanksgiving feasts have given me time to reflect on what I am thankful for so here goes:

I am thankful for:


  • A wonderful husband who put's up with his crazy wife.
  • An amazing family that supports me no matter what.
  • Beautiful nieces and nephews that keep me on my toes.
  • Great friends who are always there for me.
  • A job.
  • Health insurance.
  • Starting nursing school in January.
  • Zentangle
  • My wonderful readers.

Speaking of all my wonderful readers, I achieved a huge milestone last week and hit 100,000 views on this blog!  You can read about it here and enter my giveaway.


Zendala Dare #33




Tangles:  Knightsbridge, Plugs, Antidot, Tink, Verve,
Bridgen, Meer

Ok, first off I don't like asymmetry and this is a five point mandala so I was already ticked off at myself.  Then I started getting into it and really liked it until I added the Verve.  The Verve looks like eyeballs to me for some reason and I keep feeling like I'm getting a creepy stare from this Zendala!  Overall, the Verve is growing on me, kind of like eating monster tacos from Jack in the Box.  You did and you liked it, but you probably shouldn't have, but you know you'll do it again.  

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, are enjoying a long weekend, and will participate in this weeks Zendala Dare.

Please remember to link up below.

Erin


8 comments:

  1. Erin, I really like this template and couldn't wait to start it. Your Zendala is very lovely -great combination of tangles.

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner - blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll have fun doing this template, but I have not started yet. Anyway: Thank you again Erin!!!
    Your zendala is great; I see what you mean with those eyes staring, but that's part of the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU, Erin. This was great fun to do and I love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This template was fun! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your weekly share of Zendala templates. They are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little behind but I enjoy these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I jumped ahead in the list -- chose a random number to do, and it worked out beautifully. My daughter has been practicing drawing eyes lately, and the leaf shapes on this template are perfect for drawing eyes. I've posted my design and hers here (both under my name by mistake because I got distracted.)
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, when I checked my link, looks like it's just going to the ZIA folder of my pictures on Facebook. Sorry about that! Just click the arrow to move ahead to the correct Zendala, please.
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley