Saturday, September 15, 2012

Zendala Dare #23

Never fear, your Zendala Dare is here!  Hi everyone.  I hope you all had a fabulous week and I apologize for the Zendala Dare being late.  This is the third time I have had to post the dare later than usual.  That doesn't make me happy.  I'm the kind of girl that likes to have things done when I say they will be done and I am starting to notice that a lot of you are the same way.  So many of you write to me about how you look forward to Friday mornings to see the new dare, so it must be a let down to find it isn't there and I don't want that to happen anymore.

When I started the Zendala Dare almost six (yes SIX!) months ago I thought it was something I would do mostly for me and a couple people might join in but it has turned into so much more than that.  CZT's are using templates for classes, people are making Zendala's with their children, and more and more I am seeing people use Zentangle and Zendala's as a way to relax and enhance their daily lives.  I now must admit, that this is much more than just a weekly dare for many of us and I am thrilled that I can say that!

Last week's monodala was the most popular Zendala Dare to date.  There were so many beautiful entries and I feel like it really challenged many of you without creating the feeling of anxiety we sometimes feel when presented with something that makes us uncomfortable.  I really enjoyed reading every entry.  (Yes, this week I read every one!)

So that brings us to why I was late this week, again.  I have had to re-evaluate the dare and take a look at what I am able to reasonably incorporate into my schedule.  When nursing school starts in January I may have to scale back a bit, but for right now I am keeping it a weekly event.  What I have to change however, is the day.  Looking back, I'm not really sure why I decided to post it on Friday.  I think it may have been because I didn't want it randomly in the middle of the week and I didn't want it on Monday because it would conflict with the Diva challenge.  I work every Thursday night until midnight on the ambulance.  That means I don't get home until about 1:00 am and as much as I love the dare, I don't like to write blog posts at 1:00 in the morning.  I think my initial thought was that I would have the posts done earlier in the week, but I always feel like a little bit of a fraud when writing about "my week" on Tuesday and pretending it went to Friday.  I know, I'm a weirdo.  Plus, I don't think I really put my best efforts into a blog post at one in the morning after working a 12 hour shift.  My heart just isn't in it.  

So where does that leave us?  Starting this week the Zendala Dare will be posted every SATURDAY morning.  I hope this doesn't create any catastrophic Zentangle scheduling changes for anyone but it's what needs to be done in order to keep bringing you the templates that you all seem to enjoy so much.  Sorry this is such a long winded post but I thought you should understand the method to my madness.

Zendala Dare #23


Link to Zendala Dare #23 Templates


Tangles:  Cruffle, Dragonair

Tangles:  Socc, Pearlz, Kwiet


I REALLY loved this template.  To be honest, when I created it, it wasn't one of my favorites.  When I started working on it however, I really fell in love with all the possibilities.  Many of us, myself included, have phases where we use certain tangles more often than others.  Right now I am in a Dragonair and Cruffle phase.  I find that they work just about everywhere!  In my second tile I also used Kwiet, which is one of my own tangles, and it too has become a new fave.  I keep promising to post the directions but I think I might actually do it this week!


I want to thank you again for your continued support 
of this blog and for taking the growing pains in 
stride.

Have a wonderful week!

Erin

22 comments:

  1. Thank you Erin, for again a wonderful template. Saterday is fine with me and I suppose with all of us tanglers.
    I'm just so pleased that you will go on with the Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat looking template - I can't wait to get started. Thanks Erin for creating these templates and continuing doing so - Saturday will become another "look forward to" day, and as I said in my previous comment, I've rediscovered my tin of pre-designed Zendala's, so I may just challenge myself to do one of those each week as well. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just happy you do these and don't care which day they come out. Thanks for all the time and effort you put in. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous template! All I could think was "purk" for the egg shapes, but I'm not really that great at it, so I held off - I will try another soon!
    I loved starting my Saturday with a zendala, so Saturday works great for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your designing the zendalas for us...I have a blog and I know when you plan to do scheduled things it can sometimes bog down...just a suggestion...did you know you can do blogs ahead of time then schedule them to post on certain dates? I didn't know this until recently when my daughter and I were doing a daily challenge! If you had a time when you could do several designs at one time, then scheduled when you want, you can also edit them each week if you want to add more than just the zendala...that way, there could always be a zen posted and you wouldn't have to stress every week!! I really admire what you are doing with your life and am glad you are not having to cut your zendalas from your busy schedule!! Keep up the great work!! And to repeat what others have to say....I don't care what day they come out either!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for continuing to give us these great challenges every week. I really appreciate the time you take to do this and don't mind what day of the week they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. erin - i'm just happy to have a new zendala to work with. i don't care when you post it - i'll still find it whether it's today or tomorrow or the next day. i am so thankful for you and the work you do for us. and if you ever have to give it up altogether, i'll understand but i'll cry uncontrollably for days on end and cry buckets and buckets-ful of tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you provide for us with the templates. Whatever day is fine and good luck with nursing school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I am a new member to this challenge, I don't know any other day BUT Saturday. I'm trying to get what to do with the already-made templates. Don't know how much one can go beyond what is there. Look forward to seeing what all of you do with yours. Hope mine is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one was fun! Thanks for opting another dare!! I look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saturday is good for me - I do look forward to your Challenges so any day is a good day really. Thanks again for taking time to organise these fabulous Dares. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perhaps the influence of the low temperature... I think my interptrétation this template looks like a snowflake! lol
    Thank you for this new challenge. Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I found your site yesterday and just finished my first Zendala. My hand is aching! LOL I don't think it is too bad for my first attempt. I will give it another try next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Erin for posting the dare each week. i used to struggle with zendalas, now I'm getting hooked!!(from Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always thanks Erin, please go an look at my post on Flickr and let me know if you are ok with the post of a combo with http://www.flickr.com/photos/43830351@N03/7995941023/Amaryllis Creations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saturday works for me. I thoroughly enjoy these templates and just wish I could play along more often!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Any day you wish to post is fine with me. I just appreciate the fact that you take the time to create and post these dares for all of us. I really liked both of your Zendalas but the second one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you all don't mind...I combined my Dare challenge with my Zentangle challenge...I love the topic for today....Peace...so wanted to share it with all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Erin for the lovely challenge this week. At first I thought it looked like eggs in the Zendala :) and thought of leaving them white/yellow with no pattern. Then I stumbled on the pattern Lacy and I thought I must have it too, so I drawed Lacy in the eggs. I think they look really good with Lacy, it took some time though to finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was at the Mother Earth News Fair this past weekend! So I'm late posting! I really enjoyed this one, Erin! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley