Friday, September 7, 2012

Zendala Dare #22 - Monodala

Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a great week.  I loved the Zendala's you turned out this week.  There was quite a variety.  I have had a very busy week as usual.  I have decided to take a second job at a small family owned ambulance company that services the town I live in.  I am looking to have a little more flexibility in my schedule when nursing school starts and this job will allow me to do that.  I have been a paramedic for 14 years and have worked the entire time for the same company.  Even though I am pretty confident in my skills, it's amazing how stressful it can be to have someone watch and evaluate me at this point in my career.  I think I will need to do a lot of extra tangling this week to help relieve some of that stress!

A quick note about my Relay for Life raffle:  I promise, promise, promise, that it is in the works.  I hope to have a winner announced by next week.  Thank you for your patience.



Zendala Dare #22 - Monodala

As most of you know, on the first Friday of every month the Zendala Dare comes with a little extra challenge.  This weeks challenge is to make a Monodala (yes I came up with that myself, even though it does sound a little like some kind of exotic disease).  A monodala is a Zendala that is made using only one tangle.  You can create tangleations to your hearts delight but try to keep your tangles to just one!    

I find that one of the hardest parts of a ZIA is deciding which tangle to use next.  This exercise was very liberating because I just picked a tangle and then modified it as I went without having to think about "Oh no, what now?"   It went much faster than most of my other Zendala's and it took me to that restful place that I love so much when I am tangling.

Here is this weeks template:





Tangle: Striping

I chose to use the tangle Striping for my Monodala.  I like that I could add a lot of sparkles to my monodala to achieve some depth while still sticking with only one tangle.  The mostly black pieces in the four corners were actually a mistake so I decided to just color them in to add a little more depth to the piece.  I really like the way this turned out and will probably be doing more of these.

Please post your Monodala's using the link
below.  I look forward to seeing your creations 
and hope that you have a fantastic week!

Erin



25 comments:

  1. Erin, first of all, thanks for another great template. Even in this stessed time you do this for us, so an extra thank you is wel deserved.
    I think your Monodale turned out great. I love it to be in the white circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! I had a good time drawing this one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, your Monodala is fantastic! love the boldness and how it shines. Thanks for another dare, I enjoyed doing this one, great template. You know what I'll be doing this week :) Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great dare....really made me work at it and it turned out to be really fun! Thank you Erin! Your example is vibrant and rich and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. I keep printing out the mandalas to try to play with, but just don't seem to get around to finishing them and getting them posted here. But I do love to see what everyone does even if I don't get mine done and posted. This one really appeals to me. The hard part would be picking one tangle and figuring out how to use it creatively throughout the whole mandala.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't feel bad, lifeofdeb, you aren't alone. i think i'm 5 weeks behind now :(

      Delete
    2. We're all waiting for you to come back and play Alice!! =0)

      Delete
  6. i love your monodala, erin! it looks like a fine piece of jewelry! wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great tastes that taste...

    Wait a minute, to great ZIA, that are great together. Thank for this great Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost forgot to say thanks for another great zendala Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was fun! I so look forward to the dare each week! Thank you Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the new job. Thanks for the new template even when you're so busy. It was a real challenge but I really enjoyed doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, this was fun!! And enjoy the new job...you will be very successful, I am sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your zendala! Striping looks so cool. Hope your new job is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a great template. And what a challenge to use only one tangle. I think that was more a challenge to me than the template. I had to think about what tangle to use. It was quite an experience. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this. I decided that I should use the fields as they were and not overdraw them into some other pattern, just fill in the fields. And I used the pattern Nipa which I think is really fun to laborate with. Hope you enjoy it !/Ninna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! And I had to flip a coin because I could only narrow it down as far as two favorite patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all your dedication and commitment in creating your Zendala Dare challenges. This is my first go at it, though I have used some of your previous templates, just not posted them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Am a total novice at this but decided to give it a go...:) Hope you like it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for this challenge.
    This is my first attempt. In color, with the pattern Paradox ... and some irregularities ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't played in the dare for awhile, so it was really fun to do again! Thanks, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So I've never done this dare, but I had such fun with this tonight at work. :D thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was a fun challenge the monotangle is a great creative challenge for this template! Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As you can see I didn't get around to doing this one until the holidays - but it was fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley