Friday, July 20, 2012

Zendala Dare #15

Well hello there!  Were you worried that there would be no Zendala Dare this week?  Never fear, hear I am!  I usually post the Dare in the wee hours of Friday morning but a combination of work, feeling under the weather, and computer problems did not make that possible last night, but don't worry, I'm back now.


I'm actually due at work by noon so this will be a quick post:

Zendala Dare #15

Lets start with the template:





I know I say this about a lot of templates but when I created this one, it spoke to me.......through food.  Yes, food.  The second it started to take shape it automatically made me think of cookies or candy.  I think it may have something to do with those horrible candies my grandmother used to buy at the drug store.  They were hard, filled candies and they came in a cardboard canister.  There were only two or three good flavors and even those were nothing to right home about.  Anybody else with me here?  Ok, never mind, lets move on.

I thought the template had great promise but when I actually started it stumped me a little.  Here's the end product.  

Tangles:  Facets, Tipple, La Bel

I think it has a nice overall effect but it isn't as "flowey" as I envisioned it in my head.  This one may call for a do over.  Well see how much time this week allows.  Oh, lets face it, this is the only one of these you'll ever see!  (Yes, I'm laughing)

Hope you all have an amazing week.  Remember
to take a moment to smell the roses, tangle, and link
up below.

Erin






12 comments:

  1. I love your tile! The template reminds me of those candies that are coconut, but colored pink, chocolate and white. Yum! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those candies Cathy ... I believe my grandfather liked them.

    I stumbled onto this post by "accident." Is this a challenge due by a certain time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CHALLENGE!!!! Enjoyed it greatly... Thanks for all the effort... hope you are feeling better and able to play again. Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite liked this dare. I hope you're feeling better Erin. Thank you for posting even when you're not feeling the best. I must admit was getting withdrawal symptoms - I must have checked a zillion times last night!! hehe :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( i haven't done last week's yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in awe with what you did with your template!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a really fun template. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great template, I may do more with it. It was very fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you are feeling much better. Thanks again for taking the time to post this dare. I really enjoyed the dare even more than usual since I haven't been able to participate for several weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tangles is so beautiful, thank you for the dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one was fun, and I felt so artistic drawing my flower in the center and extending it over the zendala and on down below -- coloring outside the lines! :D

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley