Friday, July 13, 2012

Zendala Dare #14

Welcome back everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful week.  It look's like everyone had at least a little fun with this weeks Dare.  I have to admit that when I presented you with a challenge to use a different paper I wasn't anticipating all your crazy variations.  I see that someone used a printed paper template from the internet, some painted their own paper, and a couple of you got really crafty and cut out tangle inspired papers and then glued them to the template.  Pretty nifty if you ask me.  I thought I was being adventurous by using different colors.  You guys made me look boring!


This week was a mix of work, errands, Zentangles, and dealing with the logistics of getting ready for nursing school.  Not that exciting.  The awesome part however was that my husband and I got to have our niece Avery for the weekend while my brother and sister-in-law went camping.  She has stayed overnight before, but never for TWO nights.  When I asked what she wanted to do she was emphatic that she wanted her Uncle Ben to teach her how to fish and he gladly obliged.  When I first let him know that she had made this request he didn't seem to think much of it, but you know how men are.  When he showed up on Thursday night with a pink Disney princess fishing rod and I knew he was just excited as I was.  Don't worry, he made sure to tell me that it was a quality rod by a well known manufacturer and that's why he had bought it.  Come on Ben, admit it, you wanted to be the cool uncle who made your 3 year old nieces week by buying her a pink fishing pole!


So after a night of practice casting, we headed out the next morning for the trout farm.  For the record, my husband would never normally fish at a trout farm, but I think he was worried about her first fishing impression if she didn't catch anything and I knew this was just his first step in a well laid plan of securing a permanent fishing buddy!  Three rainbow trout later, both Avery and Uncle Ben were very happy.



video



Zendala Dare #14

This week's template:






When I initially created this template I was a little apprehensive.  Were the areas large enough?  Was it to busy?  Too repetitive?  In the end however, I was pleasantly surprised.  This template may be one of my favorites yet.  I did a round Zendala tile and a standard Zentangle tile.  Whenever I take more than one attempt at the Dare I try to make my pieces look as different as possible without compromising the template and think that this week's tiles may be one of my most successful attempts.  What do you think?

Tangles: Amaze, Dragonair, Pearlz, 

Tangles:  Splinters (tangleation), Box Spirals,
Tearce

As usual, I hope you all have a fantastic week and I can't
wait to see your amazing entries!  Please make sure to link
up below.

Erin





19 comments:

  1. Erin this was a fun zendala... thanks for the challenge... hope you have a wonderful week-end.. and enjoy your new diet... We have all had to learn to eat properly!!! Glad the opportunity is here for us to do that!!! Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this template is fabulous, I loved working with it, and I plan to do a couple more.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin, I really like your second tile the best; the first one is nice too; but the organic flowers on the second are my favorite. I found this particular to be challenging.....but loving a challenge, I kept on til I got something I liked. Thanks for doing this dare for us, and providing us with so many gorgeous templates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your zendalas are beautiful, Erin. And I'm having a great time with this template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, I like both of your tiles, but I think my favorite is the second one with the pretty flowers! When I first saw the template for this week, I wasn't too sure about it, but once I got started on it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the video! what a great uncle! i like how her outfit and shades all match her fishing rod :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your dare and, despite my initial doubts I could complete this one, have made my first submission. It's a beautiful template and I hope to use it more in the future. Thank you for sharing your life & art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love each dare. This one took me some time to figure out but I am ready to try again now that I finally came up with something. Now I am off to see what everyone else has done. Your tiles are always so inspirational and they give me a boost each and every week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Erin, your Zendala Dare are so beautiful, the flowers are great. Thanks for this template.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was quite a challenge for me! Thanks for another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool template! I had to put my 2 dares in one post this time ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry Erin but both of my links seem to have failed for some reason. Delete nos. 26 & 27 if you can. I will try to add my Dare again when I work out what the problem is.
    I found this Dare a bit of a challenge and looked at it for a couple of days. I really like a challenge so thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your zendalas are so beautiful and the template was very inspiring. Thanks a lot for this challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looked like it might be easy, but I looked at it along time before I started, good dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! I've finally finished.... I haven't had much time to see everyone's dares this week, but what I have seen are some amazingly beautiful works of art!! Erin, yours are just super! I think I will use this template again sometime and try something that won't take so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. better late than never, i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. And even better-er when late-er? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't love how mine came out, mainly because the various designs don't have much to do with each other. This may be a candidate for Dare #60 "The Devil You Know."

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley