Friday, July 13, 2012

Tutorial: Auraknot + Paradox = Fabulous!

This week the Diva challenged us to use the new official tangle Auraknot.  I had a lot of fun with the challenge, especially when I decided to combine Auraknot with an old favorite, Paradox.  Here's the original tile.


Tangles: Auraknot (with Paradox tangleation),
Sedgling

After I posted this tile I received many comments and email requests asking how I did it so I decided a little tutorial was in order.

Fabulous is used here strictly as a descriptive term, not a new tangle name.  I think of this variation as a hybrid of Auraknot and Paradox and that is why I have listed it as such. I have included a picture below of the instructions and you can download the tutorial as a PDF here.



There are a few things to remember when drawing this tangle:

1.   Remember to turn your tile and only go in one direction the entire time.  The directions above are drawn going clockwise.

2.  This will work with an infinite number of points, just like doing a regular Auraknot.  I have only used a 5 pointed star because it is easy for demonstration purposes.

3.  When you reach the middle, it may seem a little strange.  Just pretend like you are starting over as if it was a brand new section of Paradox.

4.  Don't worry if you make a "mistake".  This hybrid tangle is very forgiving and difficult to find the error.  Just keep going!

I hope this tutorial has provided you with some new inspiration and that you enjoy the infinite possibilities that Auraknot has to offer!


8 comments:

  1. I love how this looks, I've been playing with auraknot, and will now enjoy this variation. Love your tiles. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!! Well done for discovering this and thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! This is so gorgeous. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This AuraKnot is fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo ooo must try! This is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! this is incredible, erin! i'll give it a try and see what happens - haha! maybe it won't go as badly as i expect - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this thanks for the tutorial...can't wait to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. More auraknot fun--this one just keeps on giving!!! Thanks for this idea and cool tangles! =0)

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley