Monday, July 16, 2012

Diva Challenge #79 - Citius, Altius, Fortius

This week the Diva's challenge come's from guest blogger, CZT Rho Densmore.  She has challenged us to create a tile in the spirit of the upcoming olympic games.  The games motto is "Citius, Altius, Fortius", which means "Swifter, Higher, Stronger".


The Olympic symbol of five interlocked rings was created by the Olympic committee in 1894 to symbolize the 5 continents that at the time, participated in the games.


When choosing tangles for my tile, I decided not to go for the traditional rings but rather disks created by using the tangle Printemps.  The other tangles I chose don't have much significance, as they pertain to the games, they are just tangles that I thought flowed well together.  I hope you enjoy.

Tangles: Pokeleaf, Printemps, Beadlines,
Huggins, Hollibaugh





22 comments:

  1. I loike your zentangle, it is a real wirwar in the middle de 5 rings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The total switch up and yet staying true to the challenge is fantastic! I love it when someone thinks totally outside of the box and yet can give exactly what is wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so different & gorgeous, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, this turned out great! LOVE your take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely - it reminds me of the discus! Great interpretation Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Erin!! I'm inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, erin, and i like the different take you did with the rings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps these are the discus that are thrown? Either way, I love it! Beautiful tile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow totally love this very creative interpretation of the rings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, so different. I love how they intermingle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very unique take on this challenge...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your original response to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it--beautiful tile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very clever interpretation. I love the printemps as the rings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the way you have your circles entwined in each other like when we did the "auraknots" last week. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Printemps are the perfect interpretation. Lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really clever. Lovely interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great approach to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool how you caused the printemps to overlap! I like your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bravo! Great interpretation of this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. delightful to look at, beautifully executed!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley