Monday, July 9, 2012

Diva Challenge #78 - Auraknot

This week Rick and Maria posted the steps and named their new tangle, Auraknot.  This tangle was actually released about a week ago but they wanted to mix it up so they put out a call for people to submit names and step outs.  I've got to say, I think Auraknot was a perfect choice for this one.  


So the other night I played around with Auraknot for a little while and got some really cool results.  Its easy, versatile, and very forgiving and it's one of those tangles that easily looks impressive with just a little practice.  A few hours later I'm laying in bed and it hits me:  Could I make a hybrid of Auraknot and Paradox?  And the answer is YES, YES, YES!  It is actually super easy and very, very cool.  Here is my latest attempt for the Diva Challenge.

Tangles: Auraknot (hybrid with Ricks Paradox),
Sedgeling

18 comments:

  1. I have no idea how you did that Erin! But it's ingenious and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how did you do that? Are we going to see a tutorial? It is so stunning. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that top one - it looks almost like a twisting spiral in the center. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Masterpiece!
    Fantastic combination of tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic combination!!They're terrific. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Now that is inspiring. I would never have thought to transition into Paradox in the middle of Auraknot! Two of my favorite tangles (yeah, I'm already in love with Auraknot) put together...off to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it must be true about great minds, because I started combining Auraknot and Paradox also. Too funny. And I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful flowing group of auraknot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You did a wonderful job of blending the two tangles (I tried including Betweed with mine) - Beautiful work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the video, but I'd have to watch it again to figure out the pattern. I forget too easily--LOL! Nice job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great, love the marriage of the two tangles; but I can't figure out how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic!! I love the sedgling paired with Auraknot--great job! The flow is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous job working with auraknot! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley