Friday, June 8, 2012

Zendala Dare #9

What an amazing weekend I had!  Went to one of my besties wedding and got to be a bridesmaid for the first time!  Luckily, my friend Jenn, the bride, didn't want anything to crazy so it was pretty easy to plan the shower, bachelorette party and assist with what she wanted help with in Las Vegas, which was pretty much nothing.  It basically ended up being a really fun 3 day vacation with a very special party thrown in the middle.

The newlyweds!  Don't they look amazing?


The hubby and I.


Me and my girl's.  Love them!

We swam and ate and drank and drank and.....oh yeah we drank!  I almost didn't want to come home but then who would present this weeks Dare?  Oh, the horror, I don't want to even think about it so let's get to it!

Zendala Dare #9

Pick your template, pick your tangles, and get to drawing!






This was one of those templates that I loved as soon as I finished it.  Picking the tangles was a little tricky.  I have noticed that I like to stay in the lines and don't stray far from the template, which produces a nice, clean Zendala.  This week, however,  I thought I would go a little crazy and try something new.  As with most Zentangle's, the end result is nothing like I was aiming for but I think it's pretty cool.

Tangles: Springkle, Wartz, Jointz, Leaf Pod
I loved looking at everybody's LOVE Zendala's this week so make sure you link up below so we can all keep drooling over each other's work!

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Erin





17 comments:

  1. Oh my Erin - you look fabulous (and so do the bride and groom, and your husband, and the other bridesmaids...) I love your Zendala! All tangles I've never seen, and beautifully put together! As usual, I'm looking forward to this Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, thank you for the dare! Wow, it looks like it was a wonderful wedding and that you had a lot of fun! Your tile is filled with love flowing lines. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your zendala looks amazing! a good mix of patterns - i really like the springkle - looks awesome!

    sounds like your vacation/wedding trip was a lot of fun! i love the pic of you and your hubby - you look so happy! and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you thru Ledenzer's blog.... I am starting my
    Piece for this challenge today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had such a wonderful time!!! You, well everyone else, too, looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dare and the templates. Have been a bit behind so posted several hope to catch up soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, your zendala is beautiful. Don't know how you found the time with all that's been going on. Great pictures of you and hubby and the happy bride and groom. This is a very fun dare. Thanks for putting it on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your friends all look so beautiful and happy! Glad it was such a great time. We're going to be having a wedding in the family, too. My son just announced that he's engaged.

    Your zendala is beautiful--so simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks once again for giving us another dare. Your zendala is beautiful. I particularly love the ice cream tops

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another amazing template! Looks like a wonderful wedding. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wedding pictures are lovely. Looks like you had a fantastic time! Thanks for another beautiful template.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My incomplete one is up, since it's "done". I used patterns that I came up with, Quirk, Fandana, & Nestabol, which are at the bottom of the post. Feel free of course to Pin, or whatever you like. If you pin try to put where you got it, who it's by. Sara JPF will do. If any of you use these, I'd be happy to see what you do. If these are too similar to ones out there already, let me know. I know the names aren't taken on TP.com yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally getting caught up on all my fave blogs :-) love that pic of you and the hubby and very cool Zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'm finally caught up on all the Dares I missed - whew! It's been fun though. Now what do I do - lol. I hope you all like my contribution. It sure was fun to do. By the way, Erin, great seeing all the pictures from the wedding. Looks like everyone had a great time. You looked lovely. Thanks for keeping us busy with the Zendalas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I need to slow down and pay attention -- I just posted my daughter Jessica's under my name -- it's #34. She did a flower surrounded by raindrops. I know, it's not a Zendala in the strict sense of the word, but I like to encourage my budding artist. :)
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know this is not only out of order but way later than everyone else, but I'm going back and doing them now since I started late!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley