Friday, June 22, 2012

Zendala Dare #11

Hi everyone!  Hope you have all been having a wonderful week!  As I told you in my last Zendala Dare post, I packed in the work hours last week so I could take it easy this week.  I've been working on Zendala's, running errands, cleaning house and hanging with the hubby.  This week I also got to have my niece for a day.  I have two amazing nieces and two adorable nephews.  The niece in the video below has a crazy love for the pet store and begged to go after our trip to the craft store on Thursday.  The video is proof of her enthusiasm!

video

Now onto the Zendala Dare.......


Zendala Dare #11

Print out the template and get to tangling!




This week's template taught me an interesting lesson.  I sometimes think I know where I am headed with a template and outline all the sections I want outlined right at the beginning.  This week however, I decided (for some unplanned and unknown reason) to just outline sections little by little and I think I ended up with something quite different than if I had used my usual technique.

Normally I list all the tangles I used but this week I am
forgoing that because this is mostly line work and some
impromptu mark making.  Notice I didn't use the "D" word!

What I think is really neat about this tile is that each time I have looked at it I see a certain design for just a few seconds until my eyes adjust and then all of the sudden it seems like a completely different tile.  I will probably do a second one and post later this week.  I really enjoyed playing with this template.

I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.  Please make sure to post a link to your entry below.

Hope you have a fabulous week!

Erin




20 comments:

  1. ooh! this looks like fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try doing one of these, but I am so nervous and afraid. Btw, I love your niece's excitement about that guinea pig. You're Zendala is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try... there's nothing to be nervous or afraid about. It's all about the journey. :)

      Delete
  3. I have it saved and traced.. That's all I can do until tomorrow! Things are crazy here :) Thanks for posting yours. It's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the template, love your dares! Love how you tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your Zendala turned out! Sometimes lines are more than enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Cool template! Can't wait to get to it. Love your zendala--it does look different each time you look at it. And your niece is adorable! I needed that little chuckle I got from watching her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for providing so much fun each week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the dare. It had been a while since I made a zendala. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the great template!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Erin, yesterday I found your blog and the template for the dare. So it was my first participation here :-) Thank you very much for this great blog!

    Best wishes, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great template, thanks Erin! I love your zendala - you've achieved a look that makes me look at it, then look away, and look at it again and see something totally different when I look back. Almost like an optical illusion. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your zendala. You came up with a great design! Thanks again for taking the time to issue the dare.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fun dare. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE Zendalas. I can't believe it's taken me so long to join the fun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great zendala template. I Thanks, Erin for all you do. I think your tile turned out great. It is true they never look like we think they are going to, huh? I'm going to Providence in September to take the training. I can hardly wait!! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi - I've been viewing all the magnificent Zendalas over the past couple of months and am in awe of their beauty, they are all beautiful and unique. So, finally I decided to enter the dare! Thank you Erin for taking time organizing these dares for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have to scroll down to the bottom of my blog post to see the finished zendala. These have been such fun! And I love to see what everybody else has done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL...just discovered your challenge a few days ago and LOVE it...hope I don't get banned for using that 'D' word...... ;)

    Debbie

    aka: DayLee Doodler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this may be my favorite one so far. :)
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley