Friday, June 15, 2012

Zendala Dare #10

Welcome back to the Zendala Dare!  It's been a very busy and productive week for me.  As I am writing this I am preparing to go work a 48 hour shift on the ambulance for a total of 84 hours this week!  It's all worth it because I will be able to have a lot of time off next week to enjoy my new toy.

2012 Chevy Volt
I'm pretty excited!  The husband and I decided to take the plunge and go electric.  It has a 40 mile battery and gas backup engine.  Since we got it last Sunday I've driven it 120 miles and used .2 gallons of gas.  At this rate I won't have to go to the gas station for another two months.  How strange is that!  Do any of you have an electric car?  I would be interested to hear what your experiences are with them.  

I also just found out today that I have been accepted to nursing school!  We have a really great program at our local junior college and I am excited to take the next step in my career.  My heart will always be in paramedicine but becoming a nurse will allow me to advance my desires to teach and provide a little more stability in today's fickle job market.  The husband and I still have some wrinkles to iron out but if all goes as planned I will be starting in the Spring of 2013.  

And now for the best news of all........a new Zendala Dare!

Zendala Dare #10

Fill in the template with your favorite tangles!




This week I managed to squeeze in two tiles.

Tangles: N' Zeppel, Charlie, Amaze

Tangles: Black Pearlz, Space, Courant (tangleation)

My only goal this week was to create two tiles that were very different and I think I managed that.  It's still amazes me week after week that I never end up with what I had originally pictured. 

If you complete the Dare please remember to link up below.  It makes it a lot more fun!

I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Erin








10 comments:

  1. Thanks for another great dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin...I got mine posted this week. Computer crashed and camera broke! I was outta business for awhile! :) Do enjoy your Volt. I've got a Prius and I love it. :) I've posted a link to the post with the last 5 dares in it. I hope that's ok... :) Thanks again for doin the dares! Lots of fun.
    -genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new car is gorgeous. Is it fun to drive? We have talked about looking into electric one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the dare. Zendalas are so much fun. Love your car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, congrats on your new car and being accepted into the nursing program. We have 2 Prius hybrids, and we love them. Sounds like yours gets even better mileage. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youre going to be a busy, or should I say busier, woman in 2013. Thanks again foe your dare. I loved both of your Zendalas and they are totally different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. please delete no.17 because is link to homepage...my mistake,EXCUSE ME

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being accepted to nursing school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this did turn out to be an enjoyable dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these challenges!
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley