Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Diva Challenge #74 - Eccentric Circles

That Diva.  She is never at a loss for cool challenges, and this week is no exception.  This week she presented us with a string challenge using eccentric circles.  We were to use a series of connected, imperfect circles to create our string.  I love string challenges because they are a neat kind of structured yet unstructured Zentangle.  You still have the ability to go a little crazy, but the parameters of the challenge reign you in.

Tangles: Box Spirals, Unme, Copada,
Twisted Sista, Lettuce Farm


I really like the way it turned out but after photographing it I think it might be a bit plain.  I may have to go back and add some detailing.  We'll see how I feel about it in another day,  or two...or nine.


12 comments:

  1. Erin, this is beautiful! I love the tangles you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think this is quite elegant. Your tangles are beautifully done and the design works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always come up with such interesting and beautifully done tangles! This is really neat to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your patterned circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's too plain. I think it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not plain at all, you have such super ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely not plain--I think you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of movement in this one, not plain at all. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! I've never tried Box Spirals before, but yours is so great, I'm going to give it a go:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi erin - this is wonderful - i like those ribbons off to the right! and the unme - they all look great together!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley