Friday, June 1, 2012

Zendala Dare #8

Well it's week number eight of the Zendala Dare and you know what that means.  A little challenge with your dare.


As you are reading this I am partying it up in Las Vegas!  This weekend my dear friend Jenn (of the blog Girl Defying Gravity) is getting married to an awesome guy named Travis and I am privileged to have been asked to be a bridesmaid.  To make things even better my other amazing friend Chris is also a bridesmaid, so between the two of us and the maid of honor Erin (yes, there are two Erin's in a 3 person wedding party) we plan to make this an amazing weekend for Jenn.  

Chris, Jenn and Myself.  Yes, we did make her wear a cowgirl
getup for her bachelorette party at the Saddlerack!


So why do you need to know about all this wedding craziness you ask?  


Zendala Dare #8

In honor of Jenn and the impending nuptials, this weeks added challenge is to create a Zendala that is all about love.  This week I challenge to you fill the template below with at least one tangle that starts with L, one with O, one with V and one with E.  You get it, a L-O-V-E  Zendala.  If you require an extra tangle or two just make sure you only use ones that start with those 4 letters.  I have already got your LOVE Zendala headed in the right direction by throwing a few hearts in the mix.  




This week I opted for a round Zendala tile:

Tangles: Lotus Pods, Onamato, Vache 1, Ennies

I love the way this one turned out and can't wait to see everyone's variations.  Don't forget to link up below!

So to Travis and Jenn:  Congratulations on your new life together.  I wish you both all the happiness in the world and thank you for including me in you special day.

And Travis, I will give you the same advice that Ben's cousin gave him when we got married.  From now on, before you speak think to yourself, "Do I want to be right, or do I want to be married?"  

The happy couple!
Love you guys!







20 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm looking forward to this one! I'm planning on doing two this time; one with known favorite tangles, and one with totally new to me tangles.... can't wait to get started. Thanks Erin for this fabulous template and the lovely story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha! i agree with the word of advice :D

    (and i still need to do last week's dare - life happened and i didn't get it done - can i still add it when i get finished?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was quite a challenge for me. I ended up trying to round off the mandala thinking it would make it look more circular but it ended up looking more square. Oh well, posted it anyway. (after posting the wrong link first - sorry about that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge! And I couldn't revert to my old standbys, either! I love your zendala. The vache 1 really looks perfect in the hearts and complements the other tangles beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a super fun dare, and a bit of a challenge. There aren't many published tangles that start with the letter V. But I found enough to do two of them, both different, and enjoyed the challenge. Thanks again Erin for providing this artistic outlet for us, even us newbies, who just started tangling. Now I'm off to look at all the gorgeous eye candy posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this one was a bit of a challenge for me! the shapes were a bit different for me - not totally satisfied with my results, but satisfied enough to go ahead and post :) i may give it another go and try another! thanks, erin, for the challenge! it pushed me and caused to try some things i hadn't tried before :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the templates....your later in the week dare is just what I need to create beyond my limited view.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun, Erin...and what a nice gift to offer to someone after it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed using tangles I would have never tried if it weren't for this dare. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one was fun to research to find just the right tangles. I hope the wedding was fun and that you are home safe and sound. Thanks for the dare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First challenge for me! And I tried 2 new tangles. Thank you Erin. I hope the wedding was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I only discovered Zentangling a week ago or so; I immediately put a bunch of blogs in my Google Reader, and I've been oohing and ahhing ever since.

    I decided to do this challenge, not sure if it was gonna look awful, but it doesn't matter how it looks, right? I'm actually kinda tickled with it, despite the . . . non-mistakes .. . tht are in it. Lol. The tangles I used were all new to me, as are most of them these days.

    It's at the bottom of my post. My husband said wow, that's cool! when he first saw it.

    I've been fooling around with a pattern or two from scratch, but there's so many at tanglepatterns.com I don't know if there's similar, and it'd take hours to look at them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my first link is messed up/wrong. Sorry bout that! So I put another one that I hope is right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed doing my first ever zendala, and all the tangles I used were new to me too. I thought I'd feel restricted having to use a template because I usually like to "do my own thing", but how wrong I was! Thank you Erin, I look forward to seeing your next dare and joining in as a regular from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erin, first of all, your zendala is gorgeous!
    I particularly liked this challenge because it introduced me to several new tangles that I now love--not just the ones I used, but ones other people used also. Generally, I just look at the overall tiles people post, without necessarily noticing specific tangles. But since this one required more specific tangles, and people named them all, I found myself paying more attention to the individual tangles and learning a lot of new ones. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVEd this dare. Thanks for the challenge. Again I am amazed with all of the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Erin, This was a fun challenge. Thanks for coming up with it. Although I'm behind the pack, I'm still in the race - :). At first I didn't think I could find Tangles to use that began with the letters you stated. But somehow it all came together. Looking forward to the next challenge and Zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just realized I didn't read the instructions for this one, so I didn't do it right! I'm still posting what I did, but I'll go back at some point and do it again following the actual challenge instructions.
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, I did another one and got it right this time. :)
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had fun with this one and I love going an dlooking at everyone else's once I"m finished!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley