Friday, May 25, 2012

Zendala Dare #7

Zendala Dare #7

Well this week I created a template that I really liked.  Filled it with tangles that I really like.  Thought of lots of things to say about why I really liked it.  Then proceeded to leave it in my ambulance so I could not post about it.  This part I don't really like.  I created a new Zendala but I loved that other one so much that I'm just not feeling this new imposter, but I think it has some merit so I am posting it anyway.  I will just have to hunt down my original and post it in a day or two so you can all see how fabulous it it!  I decided to make this alternate tile do double duty as both a Zendala Dare and the Diva challenge which was to use the new tangle Pea - Knuckle.

Tangles: Pea - Knuckle, Striping, Onamato,
Rick's Paradox

This is the template that I used to create the tile above.





Go ahead and get to tangling because I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this week. Make sure to link up below  and don't forget to check in next week too when I add a special little challenge to the Dare!

Hope you have a fantastic week!

Erin

UPDATE:

I have managed to to collect my original round Zendala tile from the evil clutches of the ambulance that absconded with it, which is a fancy way of saying that I finally remembered to bring it home from work.  I try to be impartial but upon re-examination I really do like this variation more than the one I posted above.  It may be because this was my vision from the start and I never believed the one above would live up to that so I probably didn't give my second try the effort it deserved.  Oh well.

Tangles:  Flux, Caviar, Bales, BB

23 comments:

  1. Love the imposter....hope to see the real deal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your zendala is amazing, it has real depth. Love the way you used pea-nuckle! Hope you post your 1st tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this zendala. But now you've peaked my interest in seeing the one you left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one looks like a lot of fun! can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave it a try....not my forte but it was fun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great zendala, Erin. But I hope you find your first one you loved so you can post it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very clever to use pea-nuckle the way you did in the Zendala. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great tile Erin. Looking forward to next week already

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really had fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me, too! I hope to do another later this week. Thanks, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again Erin! Great mandala outline! I prefer the tile that was lost then found too - it's really pretty with softness, but balanced by BB. You did a great interpretation of pea knuckle but it's really not my fav tangle....

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're both great zendalas, Erin. The second (actually the first you did) is very pretty and soft, but the other has a terrific graphic quality. I'm really impressed with what you were able to do with Pea-nuckle in that shape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've finally gotten a chance to join in the fun. Thanks for the templates!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this template! Thanks, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun template this week! Love all the many different Zendalas everyone has come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the dare Erin. As usual, it was a lot of fun. I really love your original Zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many thanks Erin. I do enjoy your dares and your generosity of templates. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautyful tile. Thankyou for the dare.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Erin you have outdone yourself on this one. It is my favorite so far! Thanks so much for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. finally caught up with zendala dares :) thanks for your diligence and hard work, erin! you are sooooo appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love, love love the second tile. It would make a lovely brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. As always, your Zendales are beautiful. I love the second one you posted. I had fun with this one. I think I'm improving, especially with shading. Thanks for creating the Dares.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lori and Jessica are still going strong with the Zendalas! Please come see them and comment -- we'd love to hear what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley