Friday, May 18, 2012

Zendala Dare #6

Zendala Dare #6

Hi everyone and welcome.  I have another great Zendala template for you this week.  This template has been shuffling around on my desk for a few weeks now looking for a home.  I really like this template but each time I got ready to use it for the dare I would back out at the last minute.  I'm not sure why I am so conflicted about using this template but this week I decided to bite the bullet and post it.





Tangles: Betweed, Cirquital, Printemps, Crobe
This week I decided to do a round Zendala tile.  There is something about a star on a square tile that just doesn't look quite right to me but that may have to do with it be and odd number point star.  I started with Betweed and then added Cirquital.  Crobe is a new tangle for me but I can tell it has a lot of potential for interesting uses.  I finished off with Printemps because everything looks better with Printemps.  It's one of my favorites and an old standby.

Please remember to post a link below so that we can all share out entries for the Dare.

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

Erin

15 comments:

  1. ooh! pretty shape! i can't wait to see what everyone draws! thanks for setting this up for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks like fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Wow! I can't believe I'm the first one this week. This was a really fun zendala to work on, and I used it to practice some stuff I'm not so good at and try a few new (to me) tangles. I love yours, Erin, and I found it very difficult not to copy your Cirquital and Printemps, which fit so beautifully in those spaces. Once again, thanks for providing this artistic outlet for us who are "wannabe" artists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad you decided to post this one Erin, it was good fun. Your tile is great. I try not to look at any others before I do my tiles and we both ended up with betweed. Great minds and all that. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Erin! I don't know how you come up with these every week but I'm very glad that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love our tile, the printemps is perfect ( my fav. part). Love these zendala dares Erin, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fun challenge, I'm loving the zendala templates you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tile! I just realized I put Printemps in the same place you did....great minds, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tile! I hope I have time to do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please ignore my first entry! I hit the wrong button before getting my link finished! the second link is the correct one for Dare #6!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin, this was a very fun challenge and your tile is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin, I am loving your challenge each week! I am playing catch-up, but this one was lots of fun! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This may just be my favorite of the templates so far. :)
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never look at anyone else's until mine is done. I love what everyone has done with theirs! (I know, I'm behind but this seems like the perfect time to catch up!)

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley