Friday, May 11, 2012

Zendala Dare #5

Creating these templates for the Zendala Dare is so much fun.  Sometimes I have a vision in mind, and sometimes something just evolves as I am creating them.  I like them each for different reasons and would never present something that I didn't think was "worthy".  Every once in a while however, I make one and when I am finished I just think "Wow!  Where did that come from?"  Well, that's what happened this week.  I don't know why I love this template so much but it just speaks to me.  I think it has a very art deco feel, which is ironic because I'm not a big fan of art deco.  I don't know what it is but I just love how it turned out.








This week I decided to do a standard tile and a Zendala tile.  For the standard tile I went with the classic black and white.  I think it ended up having a nice contrast and the the choice of tangles seemed to work well.  I also decided to use my new tangle Charlie in both tiles.


Tangles:  Flux, Hollibaugh, Charlie, Amaze, Kwiet

For my Zendala tile I decided to go out on a limb and use some sepia pens, my standard black microns, and some tinted charcoal.  I think it was a nice diversion from the usual.  


Tangles:  Charlie, Flux, Echoism, Equerre, Tidings

I look forward to seeing your Zendala creations this week.  Please remember to enter your link below.

Have a great weekend!

Erin




16 comments:

  1. yay!!! it's time for another zendala dare!!! it's like a present for fridays :) thanks, erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I finally decided to dive in and try a zendella. This is my first attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get home for the weekend and get going on this one!! Yours are so lovely. I really like the color one. Thank you so much for doing this dare each week. It has been a load of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Terrific zendalas! Can't wait til I have some time to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it was hard to get any house/garden work done today as I was really enjoying this Zendala dare! Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I LOVE the two zendala's you have done - especially the second one - it's really dynamic with great tangles, and just the right dash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, I'm really enjoying these Zendala dares. I love the two you made for this one. I had a great time creating mine. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin, Your tiles are great. I too saw Art Deco and had great fun doing these tiles again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favorite zendala so far. I found it easy to pick out tangles to use, and really liked the results. Your two tangles are awesome. I can't pick a favorite. Congratulations on your new tangle, Charlie. I look forward to the weekend so much, because I know I get to do a new dare!! Thanks, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so much fun! I loved the template this week and happily spent the day tangling away. Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of tangling fun today. Thanks, Erin! I especially loved doing a mono zendala of Paradox. This week's template just called that out to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tiles! The second one is just gorgeous! This was a wonderful template. Thanks so much...loving these Zendala Dares.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished checking out everyone's zendalas, and they are particularly amazing this week--starting with yours! Thanks for doing this. I'm not sure I would have realized how much I enjoy zendalas without your encouragement through the dares.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again for a great challenge....love your work!!1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great challenge. :)
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley