Friday, May 4, 2012

Zendala Dare #4

Dear Readers,
If you are reading this it means that I have.........been on a Mexican cruise for the last 4 days with 15 of my best girlfriends!  Even though I am floating off the coast of Baja as you are reading this it doesn't mean we shouldn't have a Zendala Dare, does it?  Of course not!  This is the first time I have set a post to have a scheduled release so I am hoping everything has gone off without a hitch.  If something did go wrong and you are still able to read this it means my amazing husband has successfully followed my directions and fixed the issue.  Thanks honey, if you did anything, that is.  If you didn't, well, good job anyhow, see you in about 8 hours.  Now for a little Dare:


Zendala Dare #4

As I explained in week 2, every four weeks or so I will present a template with an added little challenge.  Can you believe it's already been four weeks?  I can't, but I am excited that this week we are going to mix it up a little.

For this week's Zendala Dare I would like you to use the ocean and Mexico as your inspiration.  You can use one or both, it's up to you.  Here is your template:






There is a lot of room for variation on this one so I am looking forward to the entries.  I had so much fun with this one I decided to do two standard tiles.

Tangles:  Onamato, Rain, Snafoozle, Tink

When I think of Mexico I think of bright colors.  The photograph does not do this tile justice.  It actually has a lot of bright pink and orange in it, it just didn't photograph that way.


Tangle:  Floo, Dragonair, Mysteria


For this tile I went more traditional.  Floo and Dragonair remind me of waves and Mysteria is reminiscent of bubbles and seaweed.  I really like the outcome of both of these.  


Remember to post a link to your finished Zendala below.




I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Erin

19 comments:

  1. Hmm... got the templates -- Off to think of Ocean and Mexico. Hope you've had an awesome trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a Mexican cruise.... awesome! And I love the two tiles you've done - very Mexican and very ocean. I'm really looking forward to this challenge as I missed the last one because I was on my own trip - to Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tiles you posted and I managed to come up with something that I liked for this! :) I'm sure you were inspired by many things on your trip... Do rest up when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tiles, I really love your ocean one. Hope you had a great trip. I had an enjoyable Friday night tangling these two tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first challenge! I hope you are having a great time. I am already ready for nexxt week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant get the link to work??? for Ocean and Mexico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody,

      Ocean and Mexico are not links, I just underlined them so that people would know they are the prompts for this weeks challenge. If you are looking for the links to the template, they are located below the blank template picture.

      Delete
  7. Two great zendalas, Erin! I was gone last week also, although not to anywhere as exciting as Mexico. I posted my popcorn box zendala on this week's post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your Mexico vacation is wonderful, I love your zendalas that you created in anticipation of this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this zendala, although my favorite one of yours and the two I did are the tile. I posted a link back here in my article. But now I have to figure out how to put your "blinkie" on my brand new blog; lol. Thanks again for doing this challenge for us. Now off to look at the other entries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first time posting on one of your challenges...hope I did it right...I think I may have posted on the last one first....whoops...hope you are having a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked this template. Now off to look at the other entries, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this was so much fun!!! thanks for the challenge, erin, it was awesome! now to go look at everyone's designs and see what ideas they all came up with :) yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the challenge...I think I actually got it in on time! Now to work on the diva's challenge....I am a week behind on that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a bit late, but here is my entry for the Mexico/Ocean Themed tile. Thanks for your hard work Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am late with this. But I was so thrilled to find your website! I needed a challenge! I Loved that your provided the template too. I really enjoyed doing the "Mexico" theme. I am going to copy this weeks template now. I Love Zentangling and Doodling. It helps me to relax. I have my Daughter and 6 week old Granddaughter living with me now so I stay pretty busy. I Love to work on these fun Tangles when I get some "me" time. I Loved the way this Tangle turned out and I backed it on some cool scrapbook paper and am going to paint a frame and hang it in my bathroom.
    Again,,so glad I found your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A bit late, but here's an entry. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Opps! I didn't read the blog about what style the Dare should be :( - I just downloaded and started working on it. I'll be more careful the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did almost a monotangle here -- can you call it a duo-tangle? Various tangleations of C-scape, and then Sand Swirl, which seemed appropriate. And my daughter Jessica asked if she could do one, and came up with some cute bumblebees.
    -Lori Kingston

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley