Monday, May 7, 2012

A Groovy Diva Challenge

It's the first Monday of the month so the Diva has once again picked someones tangle to be the focus of this weeks challenge.  This month's lucky winner is Eden of Cut'n It Up... And Sewing It Back Together!
This week we needed to use Eden's tangle Groovy.  I had discovered Groovy about a month ago and really liked it so I was excited to see that it was this weeks challenge. I also chose three other tangles that I had not used before: Hekzee and Daggerly by Carole Ohl, and Jelly Roll by Suzanne McNeill.  Considering these were all basically new to me I really like the outcome.

Tangles:  Hekzee, Daggerly, Groovy, Jelly Roll

18 comments:

  1. Very nice Erin! I love the dimensional feel to your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a perfect rendition of Groovy. Nice tile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your combination of patterns! Super! love 'n greetz, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! All the black in your tile really makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suspended in the night sky the groovy is really outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your design looks like a warm flannel quilt - i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool tile! I can't seem to get the curved lines right...guess I need to keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I am fighting the curved lines a lot. Your lines look so even . I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dark background. You have set off your very well done groovy perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very neat! Both in design and application! Love the different tangles with the high contrast around Hekzee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice of tangles. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, bold tile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun tile! There are so many tangles I haven't tried yet. It's fun to experiment, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful combination of tangles, great contrast between light and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice of tangles to go with groovy - they all work so well together adding light and dark, curves and angles.... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very fun and exciting tile with a beautifully drawn Groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice...I liked doing groovy....it may show up on one of your DAREs from me!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley