Monday, April 16, 2012

A little time for me

Yesterday I found a fantastic new organizational tool.  It's a giant Post It Note that has a weekly calendar on it.  



My friend Chris is a lover of all things Post-It-Note so I am always on the lookout for new ones that she doesn't have yet.  When I saw these, however, I thought they would be perfect for me.  I'm a big list maker.  I find that tasks become overwhelming if I leave them in my head, but once I get them out on a list they don't seem quite so daunting.  Or so I thought.


Now I know that this week does not look very ambitious but you have to take a few things into account.  1) I work 12 hour shifts so the days marked work are pretty much shot.  2)  That EVOC thing on Saturday is an 8 hour Emergency Vehicles Operation Course that I have to take every 2 years so I can drive the ambulance (even though my partner Jenn never lets me drive), and no it is not nearly as exciting as it sounds.  3) Even though Jenn's bridal shower on Sunday will probably only take about 2 hours, I am making my deadly delicious champagne punch so the rest of that day is pretty much gone as well.  4)  This is just the stuff that I remembered I have to do.  More will creep up throughout the week.  So why am I telling you this?  I'm not looking for a pity party, because this is a totally doable week, but with a week like this things can get lost in the shuffle.  So when I got up this morning, even though I have 12 things on my to do list today, I decided it was important to set aside a little time for me.  What would I do with that time?  Well Zentangle of course.

This weeks Diva Challenge is to explore auras.  An aura, in Zentangle terms, is basically an outline around an existing tangle.  It is a tangle enhancer.  Some other tangle enhancers are sparkles, perfs, and rounding.  Any Certified Zentangle Teacher can show you these techniques.  So while exploring the world of auras, this is what I came up with.

Tangles:  Pystyl, Quipple, Jetties


I wanted to explore some new options with my auras so I used my new tangle Pystyl because I think it looks best with an aura.  I exaggerated this one more than I normally do.  Then I added Quipple because it normally has an aura, and finished off with Jetties which I have never seen done with an aura.  My overall conclusion:  I like auras.  Thanks again Laura for another great challenge.

Don't forget to post an entry to the Zendala Dare and enter my giveaway. I am posting new Zendala templates every week and hosting a linkup for your fabulous creations.  This is the first week so I am also having a Zendala tile giveaway.  Make sure to stop by and enter for your chance to win these amazing new tiles.  

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Erin







13 comments:

  1. Erin, your tile is fantastic! I love the look of Pystyl and it lends itself so well to aura challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tile, fantastic use of auras :-) I think I am goint to have to play with Pystyl as it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just uploaded my tile using Pystyl, I really like the tangle and will definitely be using it again, take a look on my blog if you want to see my attempt.

      Delete
  3. Really beautiful tangle design. I have never seen Pystyl, or the "river" of stones running underneath. I can't wait to try this weeks challenge...maybe tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your auras. They are great. I haven't done mine yet, as I have been too busy (familiar refrain). And I did print out your zendala template to try my hand at as well. I'll try to get them both done.

    And those post-its are fun! I love post-its too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice auras! I really love this piece! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the pystyl tangle! I'm going to have to use this one !

      Delete
  6. Love the combinations - clean lines deceptively "simple" tangles. Especially like pystyl (haven't seen it before either), and what you've done with jetties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tile. :-) Great combination of tangles and use of multiple auras!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very nice. I love how you put pystil in the front and everything else in the background. It works great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the crispness of the lines and a new tangle to play with How lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely. Your shading is great, adds a wonderful depth.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley