Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fortune teller

This week the Diva took it easy on us and presented us with a string challenge.  String challenges (with the exception of pesky spirals) are my favorite because I can use tangles that I am familiar with and only step out of my box if I am feeling particularly adventurous.  The challenge was to use a string that cuts the tile into 8 pie like sections, much like the origami-esque "fortune tellers" we used to make out of binder paper in elementary school.  I took a little artistic license with the string and got just what I was looking for.

Tangles:  Fish Net, Printemps, St. Johns Cross,
Twilight Zone, Courant, Pendrills, Vache 1, Hurakan
Don't forget!  If you are in need of Zentangle supplies (or a few other goodies), I am offering free shipping in my Etsy store until 3/31.  If my Zendala tiles arrive in time I will post them too!  Just enter FREESHIPPING at checkout.  

14 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the string! It really gives the tile an edge. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. You may not like spirals, but I see a definite swirly-ness to the overall look of your tangle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fortune telling abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your twist on this challenge. Your tangles look like they are melting together. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Erin! They look like tangled guitar picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful..... a tripoli type soup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever, especially the string! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, Erin. I love how you did not strict with the initial string.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely. The blank spaces you have created really make the world of difference and are just as important os the tangles. I find it wery difficult to not fill in every available inch of space. I must work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what you made of the 8 sections! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo! I love this one! The section division rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really cool! I love your Fish Net. I don't remember seeing it in a tile before:)I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the rounded feel created by the string. the shading really pops. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Nice!! A bit of a different take on the assignment...I like it!!

    ReplyDelete

 

The Bright Owl All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley